Groups

Calling all you Sky buffs...

Well I've just bought myself a new TV, and I got a unique reference number that gets me a Sky HD box for £29, so if I ring them and ask for the Variety pack to start with, would that be okay or would I HAVE to get the HD channels? Never had sky before so I don't want to jump in at the deep end lol.

Any help would be nice

13 Comments

you HAVE to take the hd subscription at an extra £10 a month

Original Poster

shanecr;4504233

you HAVE to take the hd subscription at an extra £10 a month

Hmm....so the overall cost for HD channels and Variety pack would be £26.50 plus a one off payment of £29 for the box.

Whats in these HD channels?

Meadsy4742;4504252

Whats in these HD channels?

clearer picture
    minimum contract is 12 months for HD also.

It's actually £9.75 pm (due to drop in VAT)

There are 31 HD channels currently available on Sky, but you need the Sky World Subscription as well to benefit from them all.

Check here for a full list : packages.sky.com/hd/…ls/

Original Poster

ctuk;4504285

clearer picture :)minimum contract is 12 months for HD also.

Xb0xGuru;4504291

It's actually £9.75 pm (due to drop in VAT)There are 31 HD channels … It's actually £9.75 pm (due to drop in VAT)There are 31 HD channels currently available on Sky, but you need the Sky World Subscription as well to benefit from them all.Check here for a full list : http://packages.sky.com/hd/channels/

Ahh, so if I got the Variety pack and the HD pack I would only get the Variety channels that are available in HD...none of the others like Sky Sports?

Xb0xGuru;4504291

It's actually £9.75 pm (due to drop in VAT)There are 31 HD channels … It's actually £9.75 pm (due to drop in VAT)There are 31 HD channels currently available on Sky, but you need the Sky World Subscription as well to benefit from them all.Check here for a full list : http://packages.sky.com/hd/channels/

£55.75 per month

Original Poster

ding;4504327

£55.75 per month

Yeah, thats a big hit to the wallet when I'm still looking for work, maybe an upgrade when I find work, but thats too much to lose monthly when I have no income lol

ding;4504327

£55.75 per month

Meadsy4742;4504351

Yeah, thats a big hit to the wallet when I'm still looking for work, … Yeah, thats a big hit to the wallet when I'm still looking for work, maybe an upgrade when I find work, but thats too much to lose monthly when I have no income lol

tell me about it they are robbing gets

Original Poster

ding;4504410

tell me about it they are robbing gets

Yeah, tbh, I wouldn't mind paying £30 for the box and £16.50 for a few channels....I knew the deal was too good to be true lol. Might give them a ring and see if I can haggle with the rep

tell them to poke it and ask for a standard sky plus box instead

Original Poster

ding;4504433

tell them to poke it and ask for a standard sky plus box instead

I think that will still be £99 though, I would much prefer a standard Sky+ anyways - might be cheaper in the long run to just fork out for that box and just pay £16.50 a month.

Meadsy4742;4504323

Ahh, so if I got the Variety pack and the HD pack I would only get the … Ahh, so if I got the Variety pack and the HD pack I would only get the Variety channels that are available in HD...none of the others like Sky Sports?

Yes - you don't need to subscribe to everything to get HD.

If in doubt, give em a call - they'll let you know exactly what's what! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions