Calling Chinese phone experts - what have I just purchased?

Found 7th Aug 2017
So my S7 edge died a few days ago and I rushed to HUKD to find a deal. The redmi note 4 seemed like a good deal but I couldn't wait for the China post delivery time. Anyway this is what I purchased:

ebay.co.uk/itm…135?hash=item2a7d6e1287:g:DRQAAOSw9HVZh46j

Seems like the same phone for the most part until I realised there was a million variations of the phone, the main reason I purchased it was because it said it was in Ireland and the delivery time was reasonable.

So looks like this sellers address is in China so will I have to pay import duties and tax? More importantly which handset will I receive and is it the same one that's normally posted here?

Thanks.

Zak
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Just asking, Can't you warranty your S7? It has 2 years warranty on it.
Some of his feedback isn't that great. Late deliveries, lost deliveries, wrong items sent. Personally I would have looked elsewhere.
I think you may be asking a bit too late!!!
Honestly a pile of junk for a rubbish price, that's the terrible mediatek version which is never posted as a deal here as it's junk, the battery life is nearly half the Qualcomm version normally posted in here. It'll also never see an android update (unlike the Qualcomm model) and it's the Chinese version so lacking all the 4g bands needed in the uk/eu.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 7th Aug 2017
dcx_badass2 h, 5 m ago

Honestly a pile of junk, that's the terrible mediatek version which is …Honestly a pile of junk, that's the terrible mediatek version which is never posted as a deal here as it's junk, the battery life is nearly half the Qualcomm version normally posted in here. It'll also never see an android update (unlike the Qualcomm model) and it's the Chinese version so lacking all the 4g bands needed in the uk/eu.

So to summarise, quite a bargain then!
Original Poster
dcx_badass6 h, 44 m ago

Honestly a pile of junk for a rubbish price, that's the terrible mediatek …Honestly a pile of junk for a rubbish price, that's the terrible mediatek version which is never posted as a deal here as it's junk, the battery life is nearly half the Qualcomm version normally posted in here. It'll also never see an android update (unlike the Qualcomm model) and it's the Chinese version so lacking all the 4g bands needed in the uk/eu.

OK so looks like my ebay order has just shipped today. They've used a special delivery service so should be here tomorrow. Would you just reject the delivery?

If so, is there anything you can recommend that is ideally from a UK seller or if from China uses a reasonably quick delivery service?

Looking to go for this, any idea how quick Gearbest is if I choose expedited delivery?

hotukdeals.com/dea…055

Thanks.
Edited by: "Zak_K" 7th Aug 2017
You ordered it. They sent it to you in good faith. Now you don't want it and expect them to be burdened with the return costs?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants