Calling members with a HDD in their PS2 * HELP NEEDED *

Have looked at several tutorials but they give contradictory info, so perhaps someone who has done this themselves could confirm a couple of things?

Apart from the network adaptor and IDE HDD, what else is needed to play games off the hard drive?

And do the games have to be added from the original discs on the PS2 or can ISOs be added from the PC? Would prefer the latter to save the laser on the console...

Thanks in advance for any help

17 Comments

Banned

I'm also interested in this, so any help would be appreciated
Cheers

HD adanced l;oader or you can use p2 exploit with a ps1 game

games can be added straight from pc to hdd

Banned

So its optional as to which one to use?

I think I'll use HD Advanced Loader in that case. Have you got any other details? How you go about to completing the whole process. I just want to be able to play PS2 Games off a hard drive, and rip games from my PS2 straight to the hard drive.

Cheers, Rep left.

Original Poster

strike;4930999

HD adanced l;oader or you can use p2 exploit with a ps1 gamegames can be … HD adanced l;oader or you can use p2 exploit with a ps1 gamegames can be added straight from pc to hdd

Thanks strike - but I read somewhere that you don't need HD Advance or HD Loader any longer. I think it said something about only needing a flash drive or a memory card along with downloadable software. Maybe that is the PS1 exploit..?

Liddle ol' me;4931038

Thanks strike - but I read somewhere that you don't need HD Advance or HD … Thanks strike - but I read somewhere that you don't need HD Advance or HD Loader any longer. I think it said something about only needing a flash drive or a memory card along with downloadable software. Maybe that is the PS1 exploit..?

Yes thats ps1 exploit.

The exploit is the best way in my opinion as there are newer versions of hdloader available on the internet which will work with a lot more games.

You won't be able to add DVD9 games straight from the your PS2. You will have to use your PC and WinHIIP.

Google console exploits, lots of info and tutorials available.

Banned

kevk80;4931046

The exploit is the best way in my opinion as there are newer versions of … The exploit is the best way in my opinion as there are newer versions of hdloader available on the internet which will work with a lot more games.You won't be able to add DVD9 games straight from the your PS2. You will have to use your PC and WinHIIP.

What method allows you to rip games to the hard drive using your PS2?

Cheers

Original Poster

strike;4931044

Yes thats ps1 exploit.

kevk80;4931046

The exploit is the best way in my opinion as there are newer versions of … The exploit is the best way in my opinion as there are newer versions of hdloader available on the internet which will work with a lot more games.You won't be able to add DVD9 games straight from the your PS2. You will have to use your PC and WinHIIP.

kevk80;4931107

Google console exploits, lots of info and tutorials available.

Thanks guys - that's a great help. Rep left. I'll take a look for the PS1 exploit :thumbsup:

king1gazza;4931132

What method allows you to rip games to the hard drive using your … What method allows you to rip games to the hard drive using your PS2?Cheers

It's part of the HD Loader software.

I am quite sure you cant just add games to the HDD itself via the PC, if it was I wouldnt have so much hassle with mine, think there is an FTP server app you can use, but I never figured that one out, apart from that liddle, you have to rip original discs to the HDD via internal software (ie HD Advance) you can stick that on a USB memory stick and via the £FreeMCboot" method enable the runnig of said app without modding the console.
I got mine all up and runnning before christmas last year, but due to not being able to drop games from the PC straight to the HDD I have kinda lost intrest tbh.

Mike..

MikeBeaver;4931763

I am quite sure you cant just add games to the HDD itself via the PC, if … I am quite sure you cant just add games to the HDD itself via the PC, if it was I wouldnt have so much hassle with mine, think there is an FTP server app you can use, but I never figured that one out, apart from that liddle, you have to rip original discs to the HDD via internal software (ie HD Advance) you can stick that on a USB memory stick and via the £FreeMCboot" method enable the runnig of said app without modding the console.I got mine all up and runnning before christmas last year, but due to not being able to drop games from the PC straight to the HDD I have kinda lost intrest tbh.Mike..

Hi Mike,

You can dump games straight to the HDD using your PC, the software you need is called WinHIIP. The FTP server and client app you speak of is called hdldump and hdldumb, it's pretty good but because the transfer speeds are a lot slower over the network I've always found it a lot quicker to plug the PS2 HDD into my PC and use WinHIIP.

Cheers.

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;4931763

I am quite sure you cant just add games to the HDD itself via the PC, if … I am quite sure you cant just add games to the HDD itself via the PC, if it was I wouldnt have so much hassle with mine, think there is an FTP server app you can use, but I never figured that one out, apart from that liddle, you have to rip original discs to the HDD via internal software (ie HD Advance) you can stick that on a USB memory stick and via the £FreeMCboot" method enable the runnig of said app without modding the console.I got mine all up and runnning before christmas last year, but due to not being able to drop games from the PC straight to the HDD I have kinda lost intrest tbh.Mike..

Thanks Mike - although I've been reading a bit since Kev gave the info above and it seems it is poss to add ISOs from the PC using WinHIIP.

Btw, even saw a tutorial for a softmod that will work with any console allowing games burned on dvd+r to run as originals.

All info taken from that console-exploits site.

Banned

kevk80;4931717

It's part of the HD Loader software.

So i'm gonna be wanting to use the HD Loader method? I guess I'll have to find a guide :thumbsup:

Banned

Just had a look is there anywhere I could pinch the latest copy of HD Loader?

king1gazza;4932036

So i'm gonna be wanting to use the HD Loader method? I guess I'll have to … So i'm gonna be wanting to use the HD Loader method? I guess I'll have to find a guide :thumbsup:

Check out the console exploits site.

You can run the HDLoader software straight from your memory card using the PS1 exploit.

Banned

Can i burn it to disk? with needing the PS1 exploit as this seems to be the way they sell the HDLoader on the website.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions