Groups
    EXPIRED

Calor Gas info - niche thread for calor gas users

spent half an hour ringing around stores trying to locate 15kg refills of butane. Informed that 1) Calor ran out of gas, 2) B & Q (£28.98 a refill ) hadn't had their requested deliveries.
    Finally got some at Ashford Kent, alas prang on M20 so 2 hours of stationary traffic on the way home. Still, now stocked up for the impending snow and inevitable power outages.

13 Comments

whats the message you are trying to convey?
    hard to find but if you go for kent you may get some?

£28.98 for refill????? I pay £18.00 delivery included.

Predikuesi

£28.98 for refill????? I pay £18.00 delivery included.

Where do you live? I pay £28.99 and I have to pick it up myself. I'm in ripoff London of course (_;)

Original Poster

the message? Get some in before you run out cos there's a problem with it, in East Kent anyway.
    price is about £33 on calor site for a refill. Plus delivery £5 ish. Where are you getting it for £18 for 15kgs delivered?

Original Poster

7 kg Butane - gas refill
    £21.49 inc VAT
    4.5 kg Butane - gas refill
    £15.99 inc VAT
    15 kg Butane - gas refill
    £32.99 inc VAT
    Only £4.95
    We'll deliver your gas cylinders for just £4.95 wherever you are
    in Great Britain.
    secure.calor.co.uk/Ord…ane

I have 2...1 is the blue calor gas 15KG @ £29 collected. I also have a beige one from the local Tool Hire shop which is 13KG @ £24 collected..Bottle came free with that one. I always try to have a spare just in case

Edited by: "Deleteaccount" 15th Dec 2010

LoveHearts

Where do you live? I pay £28.99 and I have to pick it up myself. I'm in … Where do you live? I pay £28.99 and I have to pick it up myself. I'm in ripoff London of course (_;)

Liverpool. I buy three in one go, this reduces it from £21.00 to £18.00 each. (Mersey Bottled Gas).
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 15th Dec 2010

Predikuesi

Liverpool. I buy three in one go, this reduces it from £21.00 to £18.00 e … Liverpool. I buy three in one go, this reduces it from £21.00 to £18.00 each. (Mersey Bottled Gas).

That's a brilliat deal, I wonder if we have something similar in London.

That's a brilliat deal, I wonder if we have something similar in London.

I know, I paid £54.00 for the three. I don't use them at home but in my business building, saves using the business tariff electricity to heat the place.

I looked last week for prices in the North East area , found few places @ £26 -£28 a exchange , seems to be the average price. Ebay prices ware the cheapest @£20 but in the Yorkshire area .

Original Poster

well that's interesting on the prices, but I'm still glad I've stocked up before the snow.

Original Poster

husband refilled some more today and some Gaz refills for cooking on if the power goes off. ( off for 8 days after the 87 hurricane, yuk) Spent about £100 but better than starving and we're miles from town.

Ricko, which place have it for £26 - £28 in London?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder713
      2. One for the mathmaticians2742
      3. word association Game74044576
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767437

See more discussions