Groups
    EXPIRED

Camcorder Advice

Looking to buy a new camcorder but I want something that is easy to upload to PC ideally a usb connection.

Mini DV are cheap but I can't find any that upload to USB
    Hard Disk Drive & Micro SD Models seem to offer USB but are a bit pricey.

I want something cheap and cheerful with £200 max spend.

Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated - thanks

4 Comments

gospvg

Looking to buy a new camcorder but I want something that is easy to … Looking to buy a new camcorder but I want something that is easy to upload to PC ideally a usb connection.Mini DV are cheap but I can't find any that upload to USBHard Disk Drive & Micro SD Models seem to offer USB but are a bit pricey.I want something cheap and cheerful with £200 max spend.Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated - thanks

I have a Panasonic GS35 minidv camcorder and it can download via usb so there are some out there. I presume you want usb as you don't have a firewire port on your laptop/desktop? Firewire cards for desktops are about £10 from Ebuyer and transfer is supposed to be more reliable with firewire than usb....

^^^ This is the right answer.

It takes your budget down to about £180, but then there are loads of good mini dv camcorders around within that price range.

The panasonic gs60 is £169.95 delivered from currys (and if you or your family work for the NHS you can use the 5% code nhs2222 to save another £8 or so and quidco for another 3.5% This would still leave some spare cash for a load of tapes and a case.

or the same camera for £151.00 delivered (and 2% quidco) from cameras2u.com/pro…1ec

gospvg

Looking to buy a new camcorder but I want something that is easy to … Looking to buy a new camcorder but I want something that is easy to upload to PC ideally a usb connection.Mini DV are cheap but I can't find any that upload to USBHard Disk Drive & Micro SD Models seem to offer USB but are a bit pricey.I want something cheap and cheerful with £200 max spend.Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated - thanks

amazon.co.uk/Sam…1-1

Great price from amazon for a dvd camcorder with 1mpix stills camera and movie record to memory card.

Samsung VPDC563 DVD Camcorder

rob

I bought my camcorder (new) from Clearancebargains-UK on Ebay - I believe they are a clearance outlet for Argos. They have 3 brand new Hitachi DZ-MV3000E DVD Digital Camcorders for a buy-it-now price of £119.99 each plus £7.99 postage. These appear to have a usb output according to the description but I don't know if the camcorders are any good though......
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need a good courier - any help please :)22
      2. Why is buying a laptop such a nightmare44
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??58
      4. Gutters, painting22

See more discussions