Groups

Camcorder help......

Hi guys

Can anyone offer any help ?

I have a film of my ferarri driving experience from the weekend, & I want to put it onto a DVD.

I taped it on a camcorder on a Hi8 tape.

Anyone know what software/lead I need. I take it I can do this via my firewire port ?

Many thanks

12 Comments

I don't know about a firewire port...:?

If you have a TV card, you should be able to use that. I've got stuff from my camcorder onto PC using TV Card and Windows Movie Maker.

You should have a lead that has a 3.5" jack on one end, then a couple of phono leads the other. Jack end goes into camcorder. The phono leads should be a yellow and black one.....I think the yellow is video & black is the sound. Plug these into tv card and movie maker should pick it up....thats about all I can help with...hope it helps tho! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I'm using my works lappy - it hasnt got a TV card

I know you can do it with a firewire port, I just dont know how lol

I could also use a DVD recorder (camcorder set to play, recorder to record) - but I want to do it via the PC.

Thanks anyway mate.

Anyone else ?

Admin

]This forum might help sweetpea

Original Poster

Thanks babe

Admin

All sorted?

Original Poster

It's given me a clearer picture. I need to go home & see which cable I need.

I'll let you know - ps, and it's not that type of film !!!!!

u will need a firewire cable
    i dont think there are different types like the usb ones

as for software windows should be able to exrtract it from the camcord unless u have specific software

Original Poster

Cheers mate.

Just need to see if I have a cable that fits, as there are two types (4 to 4 & 6 to 4)

Admin

ChrisUK

It's given me a clearer picture. I need to go home & see which cable I … It's given me a clearer picture. I need to go home & see which cable I need.I'll let you know - ps, and it's not that type of film !!!!!

yeah-yeah... Where'd you do your driving?

Original Poster

Elvington

Loved the Ferarri 360 & Porsche Carrera !!

Admin

ChrisUK

ElvingtonLoved the Ferarri 360 & Porsche Carrera !!

Hubby went to one for his birthday, he went in the 360 modena and a lambo murcialago. :thumbsup: When he got out of the lambo he tried to look all 'Top Gun' and cool... but you could tell he was dying to squeal like a pig :giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2597
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764427
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good11

See more discussions