Expired

Camcorder upgrade time.

3 replies
Found 27th Jan 2010
Bacially had my JVC GR-D370EK MIniDV camcorder for a good few years now and has done exactly as it said it would and has been ideal for my requirements.

The situation now though is the battery doesn`t hold its charge like and used to and worse that that my charger has packed in, so I guess i`m looking at like £40 for a new battery and charger having had a quick squint round the net.

I`m going on holiday soon and have decided that I might as well treat myself and get a new improved model so to speak. Don`t have time to spend trawling through the net as I like to do on reviews and features etc so looking for suggestions and ideas as to what models I should be looking at. ? Do I want built in Hard Disk, Memory Card or DVD recording too..???

Have a budget of £250 MAX !!!!!!! Thats MAX...!!!

All help much appreciated. Just something that user friendly, with good results. I`d consider myself to be more in the point and shoot catergory of photographing ability unfortunately.

1. Ask
  2. Camcorder
3 Comments

I purchased a Samsung (F47) one around 6 months ago, 42 Opitcal Zoom, SD flash, for £150.00

For £199 you can get a Sanyo Blue Xacti VPC-TH1 High Definition Memory Card Camcorder --
currys.co.uk/mar…057

SD/SDHC Format
30x Optical Zoom
3 inch LCD Screen
3 hours Battery life
1280 x 720 HD Quality

i would look at getting a HD (720p) with SD card format, rather than a HDD.

If you have a HDD you risk losing all your filming in one go if you drop it, lose it, plus you need a laptop to back it up while on holiday if you run out of space, comapred to a SD or flash one where you can buy a few SD cards, (16GB or 32GB) and have the option.

Rick

Banned

RickT;7670303

I purchased a Samsung (F47) one around 6 months ago, 42 Opitcal Zoom, SD … I purchased a Samsung (F47) one around 6 months ago, 42 Opitcal Zoom, SD flash, for £150.00For £199 you can get a Sanyo Blue Xacti VPC-TH1 High Definition Memory Card Camcorder -- http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadejhijefgfcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=10&sm=2&tm=0&sku=651091&category_oid=-31057SD/SDHC Format 30x Optical Zoom 3 inch LCD Screen 3 hours Battery life 1280 x 720 HD Quality i would look at getting a HD (720p) with SD card format, rather than a HDD.If you have a HDD you risk losing all your filming in one go if you drop it, lose it, plus you need a laptop to back it up while on holiday if you run out of space, comapred to a SD or flash one where you can buy a few SD cards, (16GB or 32GB) and have the option.Rick

are these good?

want a HD camcorder but cant decide what to get and I dont want to pay stupid money only for it to be half that price in 6 months dont mind going up to £400

Original Poster

Thanks for RickT.

I was thinking that SD may be the way forward as the DVD ones seem to be bulkier due to the disc enclosure and I`d imagine the Hard Drive ones are heavier due to having the internal drive.

I will have a look at the one you have linked. HD would be nice right enough and price seems reasonable.
Out of interest what sort or recording times would you expect out say a 16gig or 32gig SD card in high quality filming.?

EDIT: After a quick hunt I found this coming up for sale on Play and must be a new model.Any opinions?
]http//ww…nre
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769372
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247620
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214

See more discussions