Groups

camera

Hi can anyone recommend a camera to me - I need it to basically take decent pictures of my kids indoors and out .I'd like the pictures to look really sharp . At the moment I'm using a Samsung nx1000 I've had for years and never really got on with it .Some photos come out great others blurry etc.I know a lot of it is to do with the settings etc u have it on but is there a camera that will take great photos without needing a lot of photography knowledge . Thanks!

8 Comments

Sony a6000

have you looked at the Samsung galaxy camera

Original Poster

Thanks for suggestions have just looked up both of these the Sony seems better but again it's an interchangable lens camera and I don't know if this is where I went wrong last time , i literally have no proper photography knowledge so all the different settings mean nothing , I pretty much kept my old camera on smart mode which could be real hit and miss with quality of photo

DS58

Thanks for suggestions have just looked up both of these the Sony seems … Thanks for suggestions have just looked up both of these the Sony seems better but again it's an interchangable lens camera and I don't know if this is where I went wrong last time , i literally have no proper photography knowledge so all the different settings mean nothing , I pretty much kept my old camera on smart mode which could be real hit and miss with quality of photo

​Watch youtube for a few pointers on getting better shots. The best camera in the world will still take terrible pictures if you have no idea how to use it or where to point it. I'm not that good either to be honest but learning a little about setting up the shot helps massively. Lighting. Where is the sun or the bright lights that will create dark shadows that look bad in shots. Getting close to fill the photo. Taking from different angles like high or low. I just write a note with and keep with camera for with settings for outside, inside. Close up, Fast moving ect. Helped me a lot.

How much are you looking to spend? DP Review is a good site for reviews

Original Poster

Price not really an issue but obviously would rather it be a good price. I have read bits and pieces on photography basics but it seems to go over my head

nx1000 is a good camera, sounds like user error
    there isn't really much to it - if blurry its most likely to be shutter speed
    outdoors there is lots of light so the camera doesn't need to compromise anything
    indoors where there isn't so much light, auto mode will choose a speed that is suitable for exposing a static subject whilst keeping iso ('quality') low
    but people moving needs more speed so they turn out blurry

i am assuming that you are using the kit lens indoors, try setting it to 'shutter priority' or S and set it to about 1/160 with auto-iso and see how you get on

most cameras will struggle indoors unless you use a flash (which can be harsh) or if you tell it what to do

DS58

Price not really an issue but obviously would rather it be a good price. … Price not really an issue but obviously would rather it be a good price. I have read bits and pieces on photography basics but it seems to go over my head

Im suprised no ones recommended the sony mk3 and sony mk4, there reviews are superb and i have the mk4 its well worth the money.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cats and royal canin biscuits914
      2. Electricity55
      3. Iptv918
      4. Wireless Earphones for Running56

See more discussions