Camera

Posted 9th Jun
Hello.

I am new on here and wanted to ask if someone could recommend a camera O want to buy for my son as a graduation gift. Currently he is using his phone and likes to take pictures. He won't need anything too advanced
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
What is your budget?
If his phone has a decent camera just stick with that. The only reason for getting a 'proper' camera would be to get changeable lenses. But if he doesn't want anything advanced then I'd query what he will get from a compact camera over a phone camera.

If looking for a proper camera then I'd look at olympus/panasonic micro four thirds for cheapest entry point.
mas9910/06/2020 09:34

The only reason for getting a 'proper' camera would be to get changeable …The only reason for getting a 'proper' camera would be to get changeable lenses.

That's not the only reason. A camera will allow you to have more control over what you are shooting, a faster lens that allows for nice results shooting wide open, perhpas a larger sensor, the ability to use filters, physical controls for a more hands-on shooting experience, etc. And it's worth adding that a camera should have a much better battery life than a phone that you'll be using for other tasks.

OP, if you want to get a sysytem camera then have a look at the Fujufilm refurbished deals that are posted on here, as well as the Panasonic Lumix G deals.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 10th Jun
Haircut_10010/06/2020 10:09

That's not the only reason. A camera will allow you to have more control …That's not the only reason. A camera will allow you to have more control over what you are shooting, a faster lens that allows for nice results shooting wide open, perhpas a larger sensor, the ability to use filters, physical controls for a more hands-on shooting experience, etc.OP, if you want to get a sysytem camera then have a look at the Fujufilm refurbished deals that are posted on here, as well as the Panasonic Lumix G deals.

A camera like this will also make it easy to learn the basics of photography properly. Phones have dumbed down everyone.
I was thinking about £400 ish budget
Thanks all for your advice
Post a comment
@
    Text