Groups

Camera advice please

I am considering getting a DSLR but having decided they are too expensive, I am thinking of getting a bridge camera. The one have seen is the fujifilm s1500fd, which is £135 from Amazon. My budget wont stretch to more than about £150ish. So I have read the reviews and they seem mixed, some say they are not clear pictures. Does anyone have any experiences of this camera? Thanks.

8 Comments

Good review here cameras.co.uk/rev…cfm
    seems you can get better pics if you go awayh from SLR shape when you are buying a compact if you get what I mean...

I was dissapointed with my bridge camera once i purchased a dSLR. The pictures weren't very good at all.

SAVE your money and INVEST in something to last many years!

Just my advise.

Get a cheap compact to fill the gap if you must...

This is a good camera for the money.I was almost going to buy it a few months ago.

Consider a secondhand DSLR - maybe a Nikon D40/x, Canon 350D, with something like an 18-50 or 70mm lens? Many are well cared for...
    You would get some reasonable pictures with that Fuji, but there will be some noticeable shutter lag and the small sensor size won't perform as well as a DSLR. The 10x lens would be an advantage over a DSLR with just a standard zoom lens.
    I'd go with the DSLR...

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I am new to this type of camera as I have always had compacts. I think a Bridge camera a good way to start to see if I like it before I get a DSLR. Think I may go for it. Dont want to get a second hand one really as want a guarantee

Original Poster

spann3rs;6726079

I was dissapointed with my bridge camera once i purchased a dSLR. The … I was dissapointed with my bridge camera once i purchased a dSLR. The pictures weren't very good at all. SAVE your money and INVEST in something to last many years!Just my advise.Get a cheap compact to fill the gap if you must...

Already got a nikon coolpix compact but wanted to try out more advanced photography

Go for it - I have a bridge camera as I cant afford a dslr and I wanted more than a compact - and it's the best thing I've bought in ages !

I can take so many different types of pictures and play around with the settings as much as I like, it's got an 18x zoom and the pictures are amazing compared with my 8mp compact.

Mine is the Pansonic FZ28 which was just over £200 a couple of months ago but it's def money well spent.

I used Which for reviews and ratings, and although the Fuji was on my list, after reading the site I decided to splash out the extra for the better rated Panasonic - but if that's your price limit it seems to be plenty of camera for the money - and reading reviews on other sites, owners seem to really like the Fuji.

Hope this helps :-) !!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 6 to which handset?69
      2. Any advice on mobile networks.912
      3. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.912
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV55

See more discussions