Found 17th Aug 2009
Hopefully someone can help me!

Basically I'm looking to buy a new digital camera to update my old 6MP one, unfortunately I'm no expert on these things.

I'm looking to spend £100-£150 (or less) on a digital compact, preferably a slim one, ideally with a rechargeable battery. I like the look of some of the casio exilim cameras, but I've no idea how good they are in comparison to others that are out there.

Does anyone know of any good deals that are kicking around at the moment? Or can anyone recommend a good camera in the price range that I'm looking at??

1. Misc
  2. Camera
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Camera
13 Comments

My top tip here not about camera makes, but optical viewfinders. They are becoming rare on digital compact cameras, but if anyone is like me, needs reading glasses but has reasonable normal vision, an optical viewfinder would be a pre-requisite else Reading glasses needed to be worn to compose the shot, whilst you can't actually see the subject... if you see what I mean !

Banned

Cannon............plenty of good ones to buy.try IXUS 860IS EASY QUALITY VALUE
A little more money a good Sony(although a couple in your range)

Banned

dcx_badass;6039621

I wouldn't get a sony due to them taking stupid memory sticks, sd cards … I wouldn't get a sony due to them taking stupid memory sticks, sd cards are much cheaper and easier.

Some sony take SD cards not ALL are stupid sticks:oops::thumbsup:

If you want rechargable batteries go for one with a Lithium Ion battery rather than AAA or AA.

Lithium Ion batteries tend to last longer when charged.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6039621

I wouldn't get a sony due to them taking stupid memory sticks, sd cards … I wouldn't get a sony due to them taking stupid memory sticks, sd cards are much cheaper and easier.

Yeah, I've got a few SD cards lying around the house, so it would be good to make use of them!!

Banned

dcx_badass;6039661

K, back when I got my ixus all sonys were memory stick only.

:thumbsup: your right but there are others about now:thumbsup::-D

Banned

civms47;6039673

Yeah, I've got a few SD cards lying around the house, so it would be good … Yeah, I've got a few SD cards lying around the house, so it would be good to make use of them!!

516mb good :thumbsup: settings I get just under 700
lowest settings 1400 ish
best about 500

cant go wrong with an ixus but the samsung i8 is pretty good too-rechargable.slim.optical zoom and it even plays mp3s!

Casio do make great cameras IMO, what camera do you have now as buying a new one may be worse than the old one you are replacing !

Original Poster

deanos;6040021

Casio do make great cameras IMO, what camera do you have now as buying a … Casio do make great cameras IMO, what camera do you have now as buying a new one may be worse than the old one you are replacing !

It's an olympus camera I've got just now, no idea what the model no. is tho. I've been having a look on-line and the Samsung IT100 looks pretty good, anyone know anything about that?

I just bought this one - it was delivered last week & is very nice.

]http//ww…ull

reviews details ect here:-

]http//ww…htm

look for something with a decent optical zoom as well.
im a big fan of the Panasonic Lumix T series.

and one of the above posters is right, you dont need anything more than 5-7mp

Jetpac;6040283

look for something with a decent optical zoom as well.im a big fan of the … look for something with a decent optical zoom as well.im a big fan of the Panasonic Lumix T series.and one of the above posters is right, you dont need anything more than 5-7mp

tescos have a special on the panasonic with double clubcard points its £89.99 and they had them instore today also it has the 4 X optical zoon and is 8 mp
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769557
    2. 5am gym crew20140
    3. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849

See more discussions