Groups

Camera makes... which is best?!

I'm after 2 digital cameras... I have a digital slr but it's quite heavy...
    i just don't know where to start with buying one for myself to keep in my handbag and for my bf as a x-mas present!
    i've seen a vivitar one but i don't know if they are any good...? (this one is for myself)
    and one for him... is a samsung... i'll pop links in the next post...
    i don't want to spend too much... max £150 on both...
    so if anyone knows of any shops i can get them from or any info id would be VERY appreciated.
    TIA.
    Yim. x

12 Comments

How about these for him - hotukdeals.com/ite…ca/ .. posted a few weeks ago ... the specs are same or better and overall its Canon quality ...

panasonic tz series = brilliant.

Original Poster

SanjayShetty;2945192

How about these for him - … How about these for him - http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/226134/canon-powershot-a560-7mp-digital-ca/ .. posted a few weeks ago ... the specs are same or better and overall its Canon quality ...

ooh looks good. i'll definately keep it in mind. thanks

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;2945200

panasonic tz series = brilliant.

sounds like a car :oops:

yimmie;2945236

ooh looks good. i'll definately keep it in mind. thanks

no worries .. cheers ...

yimmie;2945136

i've seen a vivitar one but i don't know if they are any good...? (this … i've seen a vivitar one but i don't know if they are any good...? (this one is for myself)

Don't buy a Vivitar one - just put vivitar in the HUKD search box and you'll see nothing but warnings that they are rubbish.

Bought this yesturday - bloody amazing camera for the money.

Cheapest is ebuyer at £187.97

panasonic.co.uk/htm…tml

Original Poster

Den38;2945276

Don't buy a Vivitar one - just put vivitar in the HUKD search box and … Don't buy a Vivitar one - just put vivitar in the HUKD search box and you'll see nothing but warnings that they are rubbish.

had a feeling they weren't amazing :oops: thank you

]This site is worth a look. Next day delivery, good customer service and the camera I bought Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35 was £174.99 (whereas it is usually £249.99 in most shops including Argos).

fuji , sony or panasonic compact.... avoid anything else if u want quality

You've mentioned you have a digital SLR, what make is it and which lenses do you use the most? This might help people guide you to a suitable camera, to be honest I'm surprised your post is as vague as it is as often SLR users have more defined requirements from their shooting style.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions