Camera people

Posted 26th Sep
Right ladies and gents, the mrs has hinted at a Canon 4000D for he new business. So I thought about treating her she also mentioned some vlogger package at Argos or somewhere. I have 0 knowledge with cameras is there any good deals for the 4000D or a camera that is better? And is the vlogger deal ( argos.co.uk/pro…893 ) a good deal or is it overpriced and cheaper to buy separately as she mentioned the camera in that deal is a lot better. Or should I just get her a bar of galaxy?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Stills or video, I'm guessing video from the vlogger kit
The M50 can record 4k, the 4000D records 1080p.
If 4k is desired then at Argos...
Cheapest 4k DSLR solution = EOS 250D with 18-55 - £579.99
4K Mirrorless - Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80 DSLR Camera with 12-32mm Lens £429.99 - the M50 is also a mirrorless 4k Bridge@ £599 with similar lens *** Google shopping finds a few cheaper sources but rank unknowns! All the respectable retailers are £599 for the camera, so it's a question of what the bundle accessories are worth.
4k Bridge - Panasonic Lumix FZ82 18MP 60x Zoom £329.99
matth999928/09/2019 01:14

Stills or video, I'm guessing video from the vlogger kitThe M50 can record …Stills or video, I'm guessing video from the vlogger kitThe M50 can record 4k, the 4000D records 1080p.If 4k is desired then at Argos...Cheapest 4k DSLR solution = EOS 250D with 18-55 - £579.994K Mirrorless - Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80 DSLR Camera with 12-32mm Lens £429.99 - the M50 is also a mirrorless 4k Bridge@ £599 with similar lens *** Google shopping finds a few cheaper sources but rank unknowns! All the respectable retailers are £599 for the camera, so it's a question of what the bundle accessories are worth.4k Bridge - Panasonic Lumix FZ82 18MP 60x Zoom £329.99

Really appreciate all that well it’s she’s wanting to make promo stuff so I think it’s for both. Her business, she’s making a sensory garden for kids who need extra help and with special needs. I am pretty useless with camera knowledge but I’m sure I heard her saying something about looking for a DSLR camera? But she mentioned something about a bridge camera and I can’t remember if she said she didn’t want that for some reason. Is there a massive difference between a bridge and dslr camera?
DSLR is a Digital Single Lens Reflex, never been quite sure if the "reflex" refers to the moving mirror, or the pentaprism viewfinder... features interchangeable lenses, optical eyepiece viewfinder, advanced controls.

Mirrorless is a DSLR style camera, but the eyepiece view is electronic rather than optical, other than that, functions the same as a DSLR.

Bridge has a non-removable superzoom lens, with advanced controls like a DSLR/Mirrorless, the superzoom lens being a compromise as it is unlikely to equal the performance of less extreme zoom or "prime" (non zoom) lenses on an interchangeable lens camera, though the advantage is out of the box versatility that needs a set of lenses for the interchangeable.

So, Bridge trades a smidgen of quality (still way better than a typical zoom compact) for convenience.
DSLR/Mirrorless have the quality edge, but at the price of having to buy and carry additional lenses if your needs are not met by the stock "kit lens" in a bundle - that one being of the order of 18-55mm (in 35mm film equivalent), so covering moderate wide angle up to the standard 50mm equivalent
matth999930/09/2019 01:45

DSLR is a Digital Single Lens Reflex, never been quite sure if the …DSLR is a Digital Single Lens Reflex, never been quite sure if the "reflex" refers to the moving mirror, or the pentaprism viewfinder... features interchangeable lenses, optical eyepiece viewfinder, advanced controls.Mirrorless is a DSLR style camera, but the eyepiece view is electronic rather than optical, other than that, functions the same as a DSLR.Bridge has a non-removable superzoom lens, with advanced controls like a DSLR/Mirrorless, the superzoom lens being a compromise as it is unlikely to equal the performance of less extreme zoom or "prime" (non zoom) lenses on an interchangeable lens camera, though the advantage is out of the box versatility that needs a set of lenses for the interchangeable.So, Bridge trades a smidgen of quality (still way better than a typical zoom compact) for convenience.DSLR/Mirrorless have the quality edge, but at the price of having to buy and carry additional lenses if your needs are not met by the stock "kit lens" in a bundle - that one being of the order of 18-55mm (in 35mm film equivalent), so covering moderate wide angle up to the standard 50mm equivalent

Really appreciate all that, thanks for taking your time and putting some quality info there for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants