Groups

camera recommendations

Hi i wonder if someone can give me there opinon. Im looking to get a new camera and I aint sure which, if I should go with a compact or pict bric type. Regardless of it being convienant to hide away. What are your opions to following camera's and there performance.

GE HZ15 14MP Digital Compact Camera - Black £129.99

Samsung WB600 12MP Digital Compact Camera - Black £114.99

GE X5 14MP Digital Compact Camera - White £106.21

They seem to be releaively similar specs, and i also have an older Pict bric 10* 3 mega pixel camera. could someone comment on what they might go for? Thanks Lee

10 Comments

Get the Panasonic DMC-TZ10

Banned

The fuji finepix should also be on your list.

Original Poster

I am looking for somethink which is 10* optical plus, for around about similar money.

tonynz

Get the Panasonic DMC-TZ10

+1 The panasonic tz range are the best compact camera on the market. I have the TZ10 and use it for diving. My girlfriend is a professional photographer owning 3 grand slr's and even she is impressed with it for a compact camera.

Hope this helps

Banned

The FinePix S1800

Main Features

Fujinon 18x Zoom & 28mm wide-angle lens

12 Megapixel resolution

Large, 3.0 inch LCD and EVF

Dual Image Stabilisation

HDTV Compatible photo & video output

Instant Zoom & Zoom Bracketing mode

NEW Smile & Shoot mode

NEW Blink Detection

Low light capabilities up to ISO 6400

buyacamera.co.uk/sea…t=f

Banned

Review of the Panny FX70 here

trustedreviews.com/dig…/p1

which is the better camera? the FX70 or the DMC-TZ10? as they seam to be similar prices in sales

buyacamera.co.uk/sea…871
    EDIT actually I can't find a DMC-TZ10 anywhere near that price....as it has better spec, so It must be newer
    Edited by: "slamdunkin" 1st Apr 2011

Original Poster

Thanks for your opion's. I think i am looking at a compact camera at the moment, the pict bric was just incase somethink was amazing. I think I will opt for that for my next purchase, which will probably be a Fuji. As i have already got a Dimage Z1. Yes I know it is old, but cost me 20quid.

P.s my buget is not infiate, thou i appreciate your help, and somethink on my budget is a fair comparrison to what i can get.
    Edited by: "leeparsons" 1st Apr 2011

slamdunkin

Review of the Panny FX70 … Review of the Panny FX70 herehttp://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2010/06/25/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FX70/p1which is the better camera? the FX70 or the DMC-TZ10? as they seam to be similar prices in saleshttp://www.buyacamera.co.uk/search.asp?RecId=panca2871

TZ10 has 12 x optical zoom and the fx70 has 5 x optical zoom
    fx70 is 14.1 Megapixels and the TZ10 is 12.1 Megapixels

I would go for the better optical zoom rather than more megapixels.

leeparsons

Thanks for your opion's. I think i am looking at a compact camera at the … Thanks for your opion's. I think i am looking at a compact camera at the moment, the pict bric was just incase somethink was amazing. I think I will opt for that for my next purchase, which will probably be a Fuji. As i have already got a Dimage Z1. Yes I know it is old, but cost me 20quid.P.s my buget is not infiate, thou i appreciate your help, and somethink on my budget is a fair comparrison to what i can get.

Or You could go for the TZ8 which is pretty much the TZ10 but without the GPS tagging function. £169.99
    [url=Megapixels]Amazon[/url]

Original Poster

Like i said before, thou /i dont think you listen to me. I GOT A BUDGET,lol! So the top's i want to pay is 115, not any more really. I can take 5 or 10 but when its 60 is no where near same place.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1631
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions