Camera suddenly started putting white lines across my photos, is it fixable?

Found 18th Jan 2015
I have a Samsung L201, its a few years old now. Recently it has started putting lines across images and struggling/over exposed in high light conditions. Videos seem to be ok.
eg:
http://i58.tinypic.com/fbvlp2.jpg

I've tried new SD card, reset etc.
Is this something I can fix or is it time for a new camera?
Thanks x
Community Updates
10 Comments
http://i58.tinypic.com/fbvlp2.jpg
Probably fixable by manufacturer. May be expensive and not far off the price of a new camera
Thanks. What do you think the problem is?
TBH not worth fixing, the camera is 5-7 years old so I would guess that most places would not be able to fix it - parts availability and value.

CEX value the camera at £20

uk.webuy.com/pro…01A

time for a new camera

EliTom
try using different memory card, battery or do reset to manufacturer stings / or do fomat
deleted79467
sowotsdis

try using different memory card, battery or do reset to manufacturer … try using different memory card, battery or do reset to manufacturer stings / or do fomat

I've tried new SD card, reset etc.
Is this something I can fix or is it time for a new camera?
Thanks x
Is the line is same spot? If so it could be a scratch/hairon the lens? If not it could be the CMOS sensor which would be expensive to replace unless the camera is worth a lot to start with? Again worth blowing the CMOS sensor with compressed air if there is hair/dust on it? It a long shot but worth a go before spending loads
The example photo is very over exposed. Have you tried the other exposure modes like Program or Manual?

Wonder why video mode seems OK?
If the camera start complaining about shaking a lot as well it could be the first signs of CCD failure.
Thanks very much everyone. Think it is indeed time for a new camera...shame, this one has served us well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants