campaign to respell you're as your ( or maybe not! ).

Banned
cast your (you're) vote.
no wonder gcse grades are (our) so high these days, every man and his dog seems to accept/ignore misuse of the queens english.
the number of posts on hukd that state your instead of you're is really getting on my teats!
is this a result of text speak? i don't think so ( cos it is ur ) ain't it.
maybe laziness or just plain ignorance.
cast your vote!

47 Comments

i type your instead of you're cos im lazy lol but most of the time i just say ur for both lol

It bugs me, as well as advice/advise!

I fink your wastein youre time on hear, most peeples speling is aufull.

TBH

Banana79;6270228

It bugs me, as well as advice/advise!

Bugs bug me especially ladybirds

I could of been and probably should of been and would of.............. have !!!! That annoys me... a little.

I think you'll find that you meant to say the Queen's English!

Joey Bloggsy;6270249

Bugs bug me especially ladybirds

Oi, I like ladybugs!

Original Poster Banned

shellb159;6270254

I think you'll find that you meant to say the Queen's English!

well done for spotting deliberate mistake number 1:p

aaaarrrrggghhhh ffs does it matter ON HERE? I mean really really matter?

if you cant spell or be articulate when you need to be then it will affect your life in the real world but until HUKD instate grammar police on the threads who cares, yawn.

Brought & bought

why use them incorrectly :cry:

michelleleemoo;6270281

aaaarrrrggghhhh ffs does it matter ON HERE? I mean really really … aaaarrrrggghhhh ffs does it matter ON HERE? I mean really really matter?if you cant spell or be articulate when you need to be then it will affect your life in the real world but until HUKD instate grammar police on the threads who cares, yawn.

Exactly, if I had to check my spelling in every post it would take forever.....oh wait, it does :roll:

The majority mispell disappear aswell.

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;6270281

aaaarrrrggghhhh ffs does it matter ON HERE? I mean really really … aaaarrrrggghhhh ffs does it matter ON HERE? I mean really really matter?if you cant spell or be articulate when you need to be then it will affect your life in the real world but until HUKD instate grammar police on the threads who cares, yawn.

you spelt aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghh wrong! ffs you spelt correctly

fireheaven;6270290

Exactly, if I had to check my spelling in every post it would take … Exactly, if I had to check my spelling in every post it would take forever.....oh wait, it does :roll:

gosh next someone will be telling me to get my feet off the sofa :roll:

michelleleemoo;6270300

TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF NOW!!!!!

fireheaven;6270290

Exactly, if I had to check my spelling in every post it would take … Exactly, if I had to check my spelling in every post it would take forever.....oh wait, it does :roll:

or use firefox with automatic spell checker :thumbsup:

fireheaven;6270307

TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF NOW!!!!!

I will when ive stopped picking my nose :oops:

and here is my missing apostrophe ' :thumbsup:

I would hate someone trying to borrow something out to someone else. The inaccuracy grates on my teeth lol

You lend it. They borrow it ARGH

Breathe...............

michelleleemoo;6270300

get your feet off your sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres space on mine :whistling::p

fwibble;6270310

or use firefox with automatic spell checker :thumbsup:

I use FF, I haven't seen a spell checker and can't be assed to look. So long as people understand me its cool

michelleleemoo;6270315

I will when ive stopped picking my nose :oops:

Wipe it on screen to cover the terrible spelling when you are done :roll: :w00t:

micoo;6270332

get your feet off your sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!theres space on mine … get your feet off your sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!theres space on mine :whistling::p

naughty :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

i sense this may end up as a very lengthy thread if others jump in with their ( there, they're) pet spelling/grammar hates!

michelleleemoo;6270348

naughty :w00t:

:-D

fireheaven;6270334

I use FF, I haven't seen a spell checker and can't be assed to look. So … I use FF, I haven't seen a spell checker and can't be assed to look. So long as people understand me its cool Wipe it on screen to cover the terrible spelling when you are done :roll: :w00t:

how DO you spell bogies? boogles? boogies? :thinking::w00t:

starsparkle2311;6270378

Naughty? Hello:p

do you have a radar? :roll: you are always right behind a naughty word

michelleleemoo;6270379

how DO you spell bogies? boogles? boogies? :thinking::w00t:

GREBBIES :-D or snot if you are being nice

starsparkle2311;6270378

Naughty? Hello:p

why hello there :-D

I think it's just polite when people speak to me if they at least attempt to speak the same language. I don't mind people making mistakes, but I can't stand people who insist it doesn't matter, they don't care and can't be "bovvered" to try.

michelleleemoo;6270281

if you cant spell or be articulate when you need to be then it will … if you cant spell or be articulate when you need to be then it will affect your life in the real world but until HUKD instate grammar police on the threads who cares, yawn.

But laziness is a disease that spreads from online forums to the real world. You spell lazy on here, you'll probably do the same on that all important job application.

I brought a drink from the store today.

bruffterman;6270405

I think it's just polite when people speak to me if they at least attempt … I think it's just polite when people speak to me if they at least attempt to speak the same language. I don't mind people making mistakes, but I can't stand people who insist it doesn't matter, they don't care and can't be "bovvered" to try.

but what if you were chinese and i didnt speak chinese :?

My spelling and text talk is awful on here.... i just can never be bothered to correct it etc

Shengis;6270412

But laziness is a disease that spreads from online forums to the real … But laziness is a disease that spreads from online forums to the real world. You spell lazy on here, you'll probably do the same on that all important job application.

But and its a big butt, for the majority of the time its normally pretty relaxed on here so does it really matter

Shengis;6270412

But laziness is a disease that spreads from online forums to the real … But laziness is a disease that spreads from online forums to the real world. You spell lazy on here, you'll probably do the same on that all important job application.

maybe some I agree, but not me and that is why I dont see the need to do it on here, if i make a mistake then I know i have but dont feel the need to correct it :thumbsup:

fireheaven;6270431

But and its a big butt, for the majority of the time its normally pretty … But and its a big butt, for the majority of the time its normally pretty relaxed on here so does it really matter

ditto :thumbsup:

Dis, Dat, lose and loose!

Goonieman;6270450

Dis, Dat, lose and loose!

innit :-D

Banned

I don't really have more than one 'style' of writing, so how I type on here is close to how I type in my work, my emails, even my text.

In fact, it would take longer for me to type in 'text' speak because of the way I was taught to write.

FilthAndFurry;6270482

I don't really have more than one 'style' of writing, so how I type on … I don't really have more than one 'style' of writing, so how I type on here is close to how I type in my work, my emails, even my text.In fact, it would take longer for me to type in 'text' speak because of the way I was taught to write.

Ahh its easy to slip into text speak but that's to save message space more than anything else.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebid over Ebay22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    3. Better watch out for these...915
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088

See more discussions