Groups

Camping at Haven?

Me and my boyfriend have both booked a week off work end of September and we are thinking about buying a tent and going camping for a couple of days. Neither of us have ever been camping before. A friend has recommended camping at a Haven site, never been to Haven but they seem to have the same reputation as Butlins?

Anyway, has anyone been camping at a Havens if so, what was it like?

I live in Norwich so would be going to a Haven's around Norfolk.

Thanks

9 Comments

This is the best place to find campsites

ukcampsites.co.uk/

Lots of reviews on there as well, from people who have been, i use it all the time, and haven't had a bad site yet :thumbsup:

If you want to try camping, I would advise you to go to a proper camp site not a Haven. Personally I enjoy camping as it brings you closer to nature, listening to the sounds of a stream and birds calling, not the sound of kids wanting money to go on the amusements!
    ]Check this out for camp sites around Norfolk.
    It will also work out cheaper!

I am off to the one in Caister next weekend so if you email me at [email protected] I will let you know what it is like.

I think Haven are a rip off personally. I got a quote to stay at one of Haven sites with my caravan and the price was ridiculous.

Original Poster

Well the quotes I have got for two nights camping on a standard pitch is around £10, so not bad.

Not sure what to do, I don't want to go somewhere too secluded as it would be out first time camping.

Does anyone know a camping site that rents out caravans?

Usually we would go to Center Parcs but we went for the fifth time in April so we are a bit bored of it.

i stayed at haven a couple of times and they were ok. each time was one of the
    £50 sun hols that seem to pop up every 2 months, loads of availability in sept when they do show.
    anyway for what u want i would keep an eye on the daily papers and try a few for less £££

kimbyanne;2822050

Well the quotes I have got for two nights camping on a standard pitch is … Well the quotes I have got for two nights camping on a standard pitch is around £10, so not bad.Not sure what to do, I don't want to go somewhere too secluded as it would be out first time camping.Does anyone know a camping site that rents out caravans? Usually we would go to Center Parcs but we went for the fifth time in April so we are a bit bored of it.

try this place the caravans are clean and they are not to badly priced and its in Burgh St. Margaret
    Great Yarmouth ]http//ww…htm

if i were you i would wait and book an haven site nearer the time you want to go,I booked 2 tents for 3 nights at wild duck site near great yarmouth last year 2 days before i wanted to go and only paid £6 for both tents,

wild duck was a very nice site with very clean and up to date toilet/shower facilitie, but you would need a car as its in a village approx 6 miles from yarmouth

ps:you can register for their caravan/camping newsletter which you get some great prices

Yesterday I booked 2 nights camping at Wild Duck for 1/9 for 7 pounds, yes 2 nights for 7 pounds, this is for 2 adults and 2 kids inc the FunWorks Passes.

Don´t forget Quidco

touringholidays.co.uk/our…ck/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620
      3. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      4. What laptop to choose?21

See more discussions