Groups

camping, caravaning, hotel or other, what do you prefer?

I have been on holiday in last few years and its nearly always been in caravans. looking for a change, which do you prefer and why?

8 Comments

Banned

I like them all but I like a nice warm hotel the most.

Got a couple of Sun Holidays coming up this year in caravans - don't mind them as long as the weather is good. Prefer a nice all-incl in a hotel though.

Yet to try a nice cruise though. Wouldn't mind that.

I like a caravan there's something cosy about them, hotels always feel a bit restricting.

In this country i love static caravans and camping is great for maybe one night , abroad definatly Hotel although a couple of nights in a posh one for a dirty weekend without the kids in this country is good too.

Given a choice, hotel. More comfortable and better locations.

I stay in hostels when i travel, cheap, comfortable and you meet great people.

I love camping, we go every year somewhere in the uk, usually try and find a site which is linked with a pub
    I done a static caravan the other year in Cornwall and it was great, really liked the self catering feel to it. Get up when you want for breakfast, unless the seagulls decide it's your roof for the next round of 'squawk factor'

Hotels are ok as well, depends what people want from it i suppose. I have had many Travelodge rooms for £9 a night and toured most of Britain costing next to nothing. To me, i use the Travelodge as a bed for the night, that's all i want from it. I would rather pay £9 for a night than £130 a night in the hotel next door because they have a gym/pool etc etc

I have also stayed in various 5 star hotels on all inclusive basis and these are great as well but i always make sure i visit places outside the complex, i don't just stay in the same place for a fortnight.

abroad always a villa if I have the money....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions