Groups

Camping... Ideas anyone?

After a bit of help here...

A group of friends are all free at the weekend and we have decided to go camping somewhere on sat night, you know... alcohol, bbq, camp fire, that sort of thing.

Anyone know any good locations for this sort of thing?

30 Comments

what area do you live in

ding;2580687

what area do you live in

Yeah where you looking to pitch up???:whistling:

ding;2580687

what area do you live in

yeah that would be a start. :thumbsup:

Lake district is brilliant, but it depends where you are

The Cotswolds are very nice around Malvern:thumbsup:

Camber sands

new forest?

wales is nice its just full of the welsh tho ( joke)

Original Poster

Don't mind travelling a bit so didn't specify. I'm in the north-west.

Have any of you guys done this type of thing before?

liverpool .:thumbsup:

Wire '87™;2580797

Don't mind travelling a bit so didn't specify. I'm in the north-west.Have … Don't mind travelling a bit so didn't specify. I'm in the north-west.Have any of you guys done this type of thing before?

most sites only allow familys on so best to check and book before you go if you are a gang of blokes :thumbsup:

a watch from work go to abersoch in wales every year so,
    a- cant be to bad if they go every year
    b- there must be sites there that take a gang of lads

never been myself so dont know what its like

Original Poster

ding;2580854

a watch from work go to abersoch in wales every year so, a- cant be to … a watch from work go to abersoch in wales every year so, a- cant be to bad if they go every yearb- there must be sites there that take a gang of lads never been myself so dont know what its like

Thanks for that I'll have a look into it now.

I've never done this before so not sure where to look or anything!

Original Poster

chrishill;2580734

Lake district is brilliant, but it depends where you are

Not too far, do you know any good places there?

Drive to somewhere nice completely remote and camp in a field.

Don't leave rubbish and leave the site unsightly but do have a laugh.

If you decide to put a baked bean tin on the fire stand back and expect to be covered in beans if its a large tin, its loud too btw.

Original Poster

Alfonse;2580890

Drive to somewhere nice completely remote and camp in a field.Don't leave … Drive to somewhere nice completely remote and camp in a field.Don't leave rubbish and leave the site unsightly but do have a laugh.If you decide to put a baked bean tin on the fire stand back and expect to be covered in beans if its a large tin, its loud too btw.

Yeah was thinking of that too (minus the beans bit lol) but wouldn't know where to go. I think there's gonna be 7/8 of us so should be a laugh!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h47/melissaellisb/FreddyKruger.jpg someone suffering from 3rd degree bake bean burns

tinned fruit cake is a goodun too

]http//ww…es/

Try this site to find somewhere decent. Also as said previously not many places take groups of lads or allow camp fires etc.

North Wales or Lake District really good

Alfonse;2580938

tinned fruit cake is a goodun too

whats up with good old aerosol cans

If your North West I would recomend Hoddom Castle in Dumfries
    Just over Scotish border. Great 9 hole golf course if you like that sort of thing.
    Also on site Bar

ding;2580954

whats up with good old aerosol cans

not a big enough bang really, the excitement in denting a food tin and then waiting for that ding of the tin contents pressure expanding then run for cover in a down pour of beans......lollington

Alfonse;2580973

not a big enough bang really, the excitement in denting a food tin and … not a big enough bang really, the excitement in denting a food tin and then waiting for that ding of the tin contents pressure expanding then run for cover in a down pour of beans......lollington

you have just sold it to me, i will have to try :thumbsup:

if you north west...
    Take trip up to Isle of Bute and then toddle off to scalapsy bay. pitch yer tent on the grass by the sand and drink and make as much noice as you want. We used to do it every summer was fab and no one gives a rats cos yer in the middle of no where!!

Big campfires are fine and loads of driftwood to start 'em. (take firelighters)

check out the weather then go to the best place

Original Poster

jennybubbles;2581039

if you north west...Take trip up to Isle of Bute and then toddle off to … if you north west...Take trip up to Isle of Bute and then toddle off to scalapsy bay. pitch yer tent on the grass by the sand and drink and make as much noice as you want. We used to do it every summer was fab and no one gives a rats cos yer in the middle of no where!!Big campfires are fine and loads of driftwood to start 'em. (take firelighters)

Sounds awesome that but possibly a little far, I'll see what the guys say

jennybubbles;2581039

if you north west...Take trip up to Isle of Bute and then toddle off to … if you north west...Take trip up to Isle of Bute and then toddle off to scalapsy bay. pitch yer tent on the grass by the sand and drink and make as much noice as you want. We used to do it every summer was fab and no one gives a rats cos yer in the middle of no where!!Big campfires are fine and loads of driftwood to start 'em. (take firelighters)

that must be about a 5 or 6 hour drive from the nw

If only for the weekend, would have to be Lakes, Peak District or York Moors. All have a v. good selection of good camp sites.

I reckon you should break into the Halliwell Jones and camp on the pitch.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]yeh i have a good one. you could go to Newquay there is a preety ace campsite called rosecliston! if you go from th3rd to the 8th august there is the ripcurl boardmasters on which includes loads of music and skate and surf things happening! we and a few freinds going going to be awesome.:-D[/COLOR]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99
      2. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​45
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764339
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416147

See more discussions