Camping Stove - Gas Fittings

Posted 2nd Jul 2020
Hi,

I'm hoping an experienced camper or someone who is clued up with gas can help.

I've just bought a new Coleman stove for camping which is designed to use coleman propane bottles which are eye wateringly expensive in the UK. I've tried to do some research on how I can link it up to a larger bottle. From a bit of reading of forums, I think I need a hose that has a CGA600 male at one end and pigtail to attach to a Calor tank at the other. Is this right and any ideas on where I could get one? The stove (link below) has a built in regulator.

camping-intl.com/pro…ve/

Thanks for your help,

Liam
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I use one of these with my Coleman stove. But when I ordered it ten years ago it cost less than the postage being charged now, including postage it was less than £19 then. Could not find a UK or European supplier then.

ebay.co.uk/itm…j~J
OBH6UK02/07/2020 19:16

I use one of these with my Coleman stove. But when I ordered it ten years …I use one of these with my Coleman stove. But when I ordered it ten years ago it cost less than the postage being charged now, including postage it was less than £19 then. Could not find a UK or European supplier then.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mr-Heater-F273701-Five-5-Foot-Propane-Hose-Assembly-High-Pressure/223160857023?hash=item33f56c71bf:g:uSoAAOSwcWpbej~J

Thanks for that, do hook this up to a calor bottle?
fell12302/07/2020 19:18

Thanks for that, do hook this up to a calor bottle?

Yes Calor orange / red propane.
I’m not sure if the fitting to your stove but is this what you’re after

ebay.co.uk/itm…694

There’s listings for different hose lengths too
Bobster-cyw02/07/2020 19:41

I’m not sure if the fitting to your stove but is this what you’re aft …I’m not sure if the fitting to your stove but is this what you’re afterhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163753010694There’s listings for different hose lengths too

I was looking at this i just don't think the end is the same
fell12302/07/2020 20:16

I was looking at this i just don't think the end is the same

Thats the right end for a propane cylinder. The domed end that is.

Personally I wouldn't want to have a propane (or indeed any gas) cylinder without a regulator on the cylinder.
Post a comment
@
    Text