Camping stove recommendations

Found 8th Jun
Hi all im looking for a decent camping stove for the family (4 of us) I would like something where i can have two pans on the go at once as i will probably be cooking pasta and curry dishes.

I looked at the cadac range, they seem well build but quite pricey and only one large cooking surface. Also seem very large even when packed away.

Checked on a few dual cookers which i like the look of because if the two burners.but a lot of them dont seem very powerful, like the campinggaz range (poor quality, toaster doesnt work)

Vango combi ir dual burner looks ok but very little information about it.

Outwell have a decent looking stove called the rokutu with two burners and a grill plate but again very little information our there and its around (£100)

Part of me thinks i might as well just get two of the single burners which you can get for £10 but that would mean using two bottles of propane at once.

There seems to be a lot of premium smaller single burners like the jet boil range which are very powerful but again only single burner and more suited to solo outdoor people.

Any recommendations from people who regularly camp, i dont fancy spending a forune on something that turns out flimsy and cant fry an egg. Maybe theres some fantastic do all products ive missed??

Thanks in advance people!
Community Updates
10 Comments
How long will you be camping for on a typical trip?
Some of the options you've mentioned seem very pricey.
Just buy 2 wee burner stoves then if you need more than one on use it.. the space saved is worth it
IamMT8th Jun

How long will you be camping for on a typical trip?Some of the options …How long will you be camping for on a typical trip?Some of the options you've mentioned seem very pricey.

Probably 3 nights on average. 1 week maximum.
mart3214 m ago

Probably 3 nights on average. 1 week maximum.

In which case I would go with the sort of nothing more than a couple of these (I assume you're in a car):

bmstores.co.uk/pro…612

I used to cook ahead, make a chilli, bolognese and take them in cooler bags to have over the first day or so and then make simple dishes. Pasta never seems to boil well out doors so some of the ravioli in vacuum sealed packs is good, needs less time & doesn't need a fridge.
Edited by: "IamMT" 8th Jun
I had the camping gaz one (still have it ) , It was great but ran it off a gas bottle through a regulator ,I can see you could have problems trying to run both rings and the grill of a cartridge but it was great off the bottle . Trouble is you would then need to add a heavy bulky gas bottle to your gear (Don't know if you are pushed for space on your trips ?) .

I think you'll have problems on any dual burner getting sufficient gas supply from a cartridge , so maybe a couple of the cheap ones would be best (plus a good supply of cartridges ) .
Have you thought of having a look at second hand as well? Lots of nearly new stuff on gumtree as people buy to go camping and then don’t like it..
I think i will just buy a couple of the Halfords £8 single butane burners and see how i get on with them, as they are cheap as chips.
mart3211 h, 5 m ago

I think i will just buy a couple of the Halfords £8 single butane burners …I think i will just buy a couple of the Halfords £8 single butane burners and see how i get on with them, as they are cheap as chips.

Agreed they work really well and the extra Bundled Gas Can prices are cheap enough.
zirk3 h, 35 m ago

Agreed they work really well and the extra Bundled Gas Can prices are …Agreed they work really well and the extra Bundled Gas Can prices are cheap enough.

Ive just got two and i got 4x a4 campinggaz cartridges, all for £21, bargain. Ive had them out and the quality is good. Ive seen most of the dual burners out there in person and they are all flimsy. Pack size is minimal aswell, thanks
Don't know if it's still on offer but two weeks ago GoOutdoors were selling a Two burner Camping Gaz cooker with grill bundled with hose and regulator for £37.

gooutdoors.co.uk/cam…885

Edit: looks like it's £40 now. Decent for the money though, pleased with mine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions