Found 29th Jun 2008
Hi, I am hoping to go camping in the near future and was wondering if people can give me some advice on getting cheap tents and camping equipment? Where to get it from and what to get!

Really am new to this so dont really know what we need, other than a tent obviously!!!

Any input would be great!!

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Camping
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Camping
13 Comments

poundland do lots of camping items - well worth a visit

noticed sleeping bags and a few other things reduced in tescos

happy camping - hope the weather holds:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:)we got great sleeping bags from amazon reduced we paid £150 for our 8 man tent a coleman 8 man but my hubby is a serous camper if you just want to give it a try have a look at this
amazon.co.uk/Mon…EA0
and as the above said about poundland i got him pots trays for cooking on from there he thinks there from the capming shop lol
hes got the picnic table ect kids got him that for fathers day and the capming stove :)all we need is the weather and a can get rid of him and the kids for a few days
happy camping xx

Original Poster

Thank you both for the tips, i'll take a look in poundland in the week and i'll have a look on tesco direct!! That amazon deal looks great, perfect as we need tent and 2 sleeping bags!!!

Also, have you got any good off the beaton track destinations??

Original Poster

f1stfull;2417487

Load's of reduced tents on here: - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/and a good … Load's of reduced tents on here: - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/and a good forum with lots of advice: - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

Cheers, I'll have a look! :thumbsup:

Keep an eye out in Lidl!
They have amazing cheap camping stuff that is well worth triple the price!
i go campin at leasure lakes about 30 times a year haha!

Original Poster

Pitbikeboy;2418459

Keep an eye out in Lidl! They have amazing cheap camping stuff that is … Keep an eye out in Lidl! They have amazing cheap camping stuff that is well worth triple the price! i go campin at leasure lakes about 30 times a year haha!

Cheers, what / where is leasure lakes?!

leasure lakes is near to southport/preston and its amazing. Loads of different activities. Fishing Painballing MOTO X , Camp fires in woods. There are things or women aswell but i dont really pay much attention! Bet my girlfriend creates a female version of brokeback mountain (wishes) as im always on motocross and then in the pub or nightclub on the night!

If your interested PM me and ill supply you with phone numbers and stuff. We get discount when we turn up cus we go that often but ill try and get you a code aswell

Poundstretcher have some cheap camping offers.

2 person tent £7.99

Portable Camping Stove £9.99

Butane Gas ( 4 pack) £3.99

Camping mat £2.99

Inflatable double air bed £9.99

Sleeping bag £6.99

Original Poster

Pitbikeboy;2419058

leasure lakes is near to southport/preston and its amazing. Loads of … leasure lakes is near to southport/preston and its amazing. Loads of different activities. Fishing Painballing MOTO X , Camp fires in woods. There are things or women aswell but i dont really pay much attention! Bet my girlfriend creates a female version of brokeback mountain (wishes) as im always on motocross and then in the pub or nightclub on the night!If your interested PM me and ill supply you with phone numbers and stuff. We get discount when we turn up cus we go that often but ill try and get you a code aswell

Thanks for the info mate, i'll get in touch if we decide to go that way!

i bought this on saturday from halfords, halfords.com/web…512 havent used it yet so cant give any guarantee's on quality, and if you reserve and collect or buy online you get a further 10% so its £31.49 fo a 4 man tent (which will probably fit 3)

aldi have got camping stuff at the moment, have a look there
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?914
    2. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?40
    3. Best/cheapest music service66
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…33

See more discussions