Groups

Camping with babies?

Me and the wife are big campers and due to our daughter being born a couple of weeks ago e haven't had the chance to go this year, well since May anyway!!

We are looking at a new tent with the intention of going next year. Obviously the little one will be about 9 months by May, which is when we usually start going, anybody camped with a child that age? any tips? I suggested some sort of 'cage', the wife laughs at me but i don't think she understands what i mean!!

Any tips or ideas will be great!!

Also wher i can find an Outwell Minnesota 4 for less than £200!

14 Comments

Kennels :thumbsup:

Is this the follow up to " Walking with Dinosaurs"?

jonb2412;5923934

Is this the follow up to " Walking with Dinosaurs"?

Nah, it's the follow up to "Dances with Wolves" :-D

If in this country then you'll need a damn good heater as well. :-D

Try a travel cot .... can be used as a play pen during the day.

Or as experienced by my 9 mth old nephew....a large laundry basket!

and a baby sleeping bag.

Original Poster

jeany123;5923957

You need a travel cot … You need a travel cot http://direct.asda.com/Red-Kite-Sleeptight-Travel-Cot/002641074,default,pd.html

See, cage!!

Although i envisioned it a little smaller

you could take a travel cot and use that at night and as a playpen. So when your cooking etc baby is safe.

We went camping for the first time this year and i hated it. whats the secret . How do ya keep the floor clean lol.

sancho1983;5923976

See, cage!!Although i envisioned it a little smaller

it folds up quite small and can be used to keep baby safe during the day when you are cooking and things:)

cymru2;5923972

Try a travel cot .... can be used as a play pen during the day.Or as … Try a travel cot .... can be used as a play pen during the day.Or as experienced by my 9 mth old nephew....a large laundry basket!and a baby sleeping bag.

ooo sorry lol

Original Poster

cherishu2;5924020

you could take a travel cot and use that at night and as a playpen. So … you could take a travel cot and use that at night and as a playpen. So when your cooking etc baby is safe.We went camping for the first time this year and i hated it. whats the secret . How do ya keep the floor clean lol.

Floor clean? You're in the middle of a field!!! I wouldn't worry about the floor!! :-D

Re:keeping floor clean. - we used to use those rush/rafia beach mat
    thingys.

Length of rope and a tent peg.

Tie rope around bubs waist, fasten to tent peg, job done.

yeah we used a travel cot too - not sure what we're gonna do next time now she has outgrown it.

There are tonnes of 'camping with babies' threads over on the uk campsite forum

]http//ww…er/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions