Campsites can open again July 4th , lots open up booking sites

Posted 27th May 2020
As above .
probably pretty easy to social distance most of the time on most sites .
is it too early ?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Is it too early you ask.

Deaths and new cases are higher now than when we went into lockdown!
The events of the weekend have suggested to some people that it has gone away.

You decide - all those new infections and deaths are coming from somewhere.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 28th May
Big_Rik28/05/2020 07:08

And there we go again, the dreaded second wave.... Where is the proof this …And there we go again, the dreaded second wave.... Where is the proof this is coming? Oh yes, there isn't any. I don't think going to a caravan is the same as going to a crowded pub.

Think I'd rather stay at home than holiday in a caravan for the sake of a holiday
Big_Rik28/05/2020 06:49

Here come the doom and gloomers that think we shouldn't leave the house …Here come the doom and gloomers that think we shouldn't leave the house til this flu has gone.

Doom and gloom, I take it you don’t deal with people with covid19 on a daily occurrence and then have to go home to your family. Or see people you know die from it..

but happy camping for those who want to. The same as when the pubs open up, I can’t see that going wrong with drunken idiots and social distancing.. i class myself as a drunken idiot on weekends before this started but I’ll be avoiding pubs for the foreseeable future.

the second wave will be worse and the lockdown will be brutal, unless there’s a cure or vaccine. Which I’m sure there will be the latter like a flu jab...
38 Comments
Ta
Got me looking and planning.
Is it too early you ask.

Deaths and new cases are higher now than when we went into lockdown!
The events of the weekend have suggested to some people that it has gone away.

You decide - all those new infections and deaths are coming from somewhere.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 28th May
joyf453628/05/2020 01:31

Is it too early you ask.Deaths and new cases are higher now than when we …Is it too early you ask.Deaths and new cases are higher now than when we went into lockdown!The events of the weekend have suggested to some people that it has gone away.You decide - all those new infections and deaths are coming from somewhere.

The reason the death toll was high was due 3 days all added to one day due to a bank holiday weekend.
Thats why most Mondays and Tuesdays are normally high as the weekend deaths get added .
So its false information.
The true number is still at around 100-150 per days and reducing week by week if you look the past 6 weeks .
You & your loved ones are going to catch it sooner or later. It’s a new added threat in the world. You can only hope it does not make you ill. The death number will surely seem irrelevant if you or a loved one get ill. Happy camping
Come Along, Stretch your arms and fling and In AND ooh ! --- classic film
Here come the doom and gloomers that think we shouldn't leave the house til this flu has gone.
Big_Rik28/05/2020 06:49

Here come the doom and gloomers that think we shouldn't leave the house …Here come the doom and gloomers that think we shouldn't leave the house til this flu has gone.

Doom and gloom, I take it you don’t deal with people with covid19 on a daily occurrence and then have to go home to your family. Or see people you know die from it..

but happy camping for those who want to. The same as when the pubs open up, I can’t see that going wrong with drunken idiots and social distancing.. i class myself as a drunken idiot on weekends before this started but I’ll be avoiding pubs for the foreseeable future.

the second wave will be worse and the lockdown will be brutal, unless there’s a cure or vaccine. Which I’m sure there will be the latter like a flu jab...

And there we go again, the dreaded second wave.... Where is the proof this is coming? Oh yes, there isn't any.
I don't think going to a caravan is the same as going to a crowded pub.
joyf453628/05/2020 01:31

Is it too early you ask.Deaths and new cases are higher now than when we …Is it too early you ask.Deaths and new cases are higher now than when we went into lockdown!The events of the weekend have suggested to some people that it has gone away.You decide - all those new infections and deaths are coming from somewhere.

Just look at the hospital in Weston super mare, what had to shut and with 40% staff having the virus. It’s going to get worse just wait for the 2nd wave...

i understand and the world has to get back to normal but I personally think people need to minimum the risk to themselves e.g campsites are known for all there hand washing facilities lol, all the idiots what will pile in the pubs when open back up..
Bargainhead28/05/2020 07:04

Doom and gloom, I take it you don’t deal with people with covid19 on a d …Doom and gloom, I take it you don’t deal with people with covid19 on a daily occurrence and then have to go home to your family. Or see people you know die from it..but happy camping for those who want to. The same as when the pubs open up, I can’t see that going wrong with drunken idiots and social distancing.. i class myself as a drunken idiot on weekends before this started but I’ll be avoiding pubs for the foreseeable future.the second wave will be worse and the lockdown will be brutal, unless there’s a cure or vaccine. Which I’m sure there will be the latter like a flu jab...

China , New Zealand , Australia and many more have opened everything back up and no 2nd wave .
They are saying it could be another 12 months for a real vaccine that works . Maybe never .
So shall we all be locked down for another 12 months . Not a chance .
If everything doesn't open back up soon every firm , company and business will go into liquidation.
Let the weak and vulnerable stay at home if the want and give everyone else a choice .

And there we go again, the dreaded second wave.... Where is the proof this …And there we go again, the dreaded second wave.... Where is the proof this is coming? Oh yes, there isn't any. I don't think going to a caravan is the same as going to a crowded pub.

If people used common sense it would be fine but unfortunately it’s lacking with lots of people in today’s society. you never mentioned if you deal with covid19 or are around it for work, you might have a different outlook one would assume..
yozzman123428/05/2020 07:10

China , New Zealand , Australia and many more have opened everything back …China , New Zealand , Australia and many more have opened everything back up and no 2nd wave . They are saying it could be another 12 months for a real vaccine that works . Maybe never .So shall we all be locked down for another 12 months . Not a chance . If everything doesn't open back up soon every firm , company and business will go into liquidation. Let the weak and vulnerable stay at home if the want and give everyone else a choice .

New Zealand and Australia stopped people coming in quickly and locked down till it’s gone, China quarantine was better than anywhere so it couldn’t spread, when they opened the borders again there was another little out break they dealt with. But China can cope as they don’t have human rights law to deal with...
Do you have a link to this?
My understanding is that it’s possibly the 4 July, but only if the conditions are met.

Just like the non essential shops were from the 1 June, but this has been pushed back to the 15 June.

Think I'd rather stay at home than holiday in a caravan for the sake of a holiday
They should ban talking in public places and transport. The amount of splatter over perspex screens in shops is shocking. I think it's as all about managing the death rate for the next few years. Nothing more complicated than that, but I expect it will find it's level with the new normal. What a situation to be in.
Edited by: "wayners" 28th May
Kbramman28/05/2020 08:13

Do you have a link to this?My understanding is that it’s possibly the 4 J …Do you have a link to this?My understanding is that it’s possibly the 4 July, but only if the conditions are met. Just like the non essential shops were from the 1 June, but this has been pushed back to the 15 June.

theguardian.com/tra…ons

If you google it , 100s of sites are saying july 4th and most places starting to take bookings .
Same for prem Inn and travelodges they are taking bookings from the 4th July, not surprising cheap at moment! Have booked, need to get away from house and get on with life.
Edited by: "eelvis" 28th May
Camping is safer then using public transport and a lot of work environments.
I was genuinely surprised when they announced unlimited travel for exercise and outside time as well as unlimited time outside that camping was still now allowed.

The issue with anything at the moment is idiots not keeping their distance and taking their time to do it safely.
Bargainhead28/05/2020 07:16

New Zealand and Australia stopped people coming in quickly and locked down …New Zealand and Australia stopped people coming in quickly and locked down till it’s gone, China quarantine was better than anywhere so it couldn’t spread, when they opened the borders again there was another little out break they dealt with. But China can cope as they don’t have human rights law to deal with...

So, what does the WHO's advice mean for Australia?

It means — as Australian authorities have consistently maintained — that Australia can and will see new coronavirus outbreaks at any time, and must be prepared to handle them.

Even though new diagnoses of coronavirus have declined far below Australia's March peak, that doesn't mean the disease itself is going anywhere.
Campsites and holiday parks open? Can’t imagine it will be business as normal in the pools and club houses which are the main draw for my kids so what’s the point ?
Masonator7328/05/2020 08:43

Campsites and holiday parks open? Can’t imagine it will be business as n …Campsites and holiday parks open? Can’t imagine it will be business as normal in the pools and club houses which are the main draw for my kids so what’s the point ?

Exactly - that leads back to my earlier comment. Id rather stay at home, nothing open and just holidaying for the sake of a holiday.

Campsites and holiday parks open? Can’t imagine it will be business as n …Campsites and holiday parks open? Can’t imagine it will be business as normal in the pools and club houses which are the main draw for my kids so what’s the point ?

A lot of people go camping for what's the area, hence why so many parks are on the coast or in places like the lake district. Plus just the feeling of getting away leaving your troubles behind.
yozzman123428/05/2020 08:17

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/may/15/englands-campsites-prepare-to-open-in-july-summer-government-relaxed-lockdown-restrictionsIf you google it , 100s of sites are saying july 4th and most places starting to take bookings .

So the very first paragraph states that based on an announcement 17 days ago, they may be able to open at the start of July.
There is no guarantee that this will happen, if there are more flare ups like in Weston Super Mare then this will be delayed.

You’d be stupid to book now based on this. Just like you would have been if you’d planned to go shopping to Primark on the 1 June
Kbramman28/05/2020 09:26

So the very first paragraph states that based on an announcement 17 days …So the very first paragraph states that based on an announcement 17 days ago, they may be able to open at the start of July. There is no guarantee that this will happen, if there are more flare ups like in Weston Super Mare then this will be delayed. You’d be stupid to book now based on this. Just like you would have been if you’d planned to go shopping to Primark on the 1 June

This thing is almost over now, it's time to get things moving again. I've booked a weekend away on the 10th July and am looking forward to it
you_gotta_be_kidding28/05/2020 09:36

This thing is almost over now, it's time to get things moving again. I've …This thing is almost over now, it's time to get things moving again. I've booked a weekend away on the 10th July and am looking forward to it

It is not almost over, this phase is slowing but it is not going away.
joyf453628/05/2020 09:41

My wife is a nurse at York hospital, they are getting very few new admissions & no new deaths. Without a vaccine we won't get rid of it completely but are we really going to keep the country on HOLD until there is no cases? That would be ridiculous
Edited by: "you_gotta_be_kidding" 28th May
you_gotta_be_kidding28/05/2020 09:46

My wife is a nurse at York hospital, they are getting very few new …My wife is a nurse at York hospital, they are getting very few new admissions & no new deaths. Without a vaccine we won't get rid of it completely but are we really going to keep the country on HOLD until there is no cases? That would be ridiculous

Pleased to hear the current situation, hope she stays safe. However once lockdown is really eased we'll see what happens.
joyf453628/05/2020 08:41

So, what does the WHO's advice mean for Australia?It means — as Australian …So, what does the WHO's advice mean for Australia?It means — as Australian authorities have consistently maintained — that Australia can and will see new coronavirus outbreaks at any time, and must be prepared to handle them.Even though new diagnoses of coronavirus have declined far below Australia's March peak, that doesn't mean the disease itself is going anywhere.

i was agreeing with your first statment, i was giving example of why its to soon...
you_gotta_be_kidding28/05/2020 09:18

A lot of people go camping for what's the area, hence why so many parks …A lot of people go camping for what's the area, hence why so many parks are on the coast or in places like the lake district. Plus just the feeling of getting away leaving your troubles behind.

they will be packed, just look at the beaches, good social distancing and hand washing facilities. lol hope everyone stays safe..

Most go camping for the outdoors , to be in fields in country sides , not for screaming holiday parks , thats not camping .
Am talking about real camp sites, where you go for 2-5 days and set up , cook in the outdoors , go for walks , mix with you household in the great outdoors .
Forget Holiday parks , they won't be open for another few months .
Kbramman28/05/2020 09:26

So the very first paragraph states that based on an announcement 17 days …So the very first paragraph states that based on an announcement 17 days ago, they may be able to open at the start of July. There is no guarantee that this will happen, if there are more flare ups like in Weston Super Mare then this will be delayed. You’d be stupid to book now based on this. Just like you would have been if you’d planned to go shopping to Primark on the 1 June

Its fully refundable upto 24 hours before and its only £36 with hook up , its only a weekend. Got to get in now or they will all get booked up .
I for one cant wait to get out camping again, it'll just be me and getting back to nature for a couple of days. With common sense it should be safer that a trip to the supermarket.
Countries like NZ are completely different in demographic, Geographic and so many ways. They CANNOT be compared to our densepack society.
China. Believe what you want from them. I believe NOTHING. And i still worry.

Their 'research' and lies helped nobody
The popular beaches around here are already fairly crowded, with many people ignoring distancing rules, and once they get the caravan sites open again it will be like sardines, and the queues at the local supermarkets will likely be shocking thanks to holidaymakers after food.
Edited by: "melted" 28th May
as they are outdoors, it will be easy enough to social distance i am assuming. so they could even open earlier than 4 July. no diferrent to the shops opening again on 15 June.
joyf453628/05/2020 09:41

Do you think this thing will ever really go away? All it will/would take is 1 person to still be infected and it'll start spreading again. It's about as manageable as it'll ever be and we should easily be able to control it a little better now especially with the current measures in place etc..

We've all got an individual responsibility to social distance the best we can. Reduce our own risk and then hopefully most others will follow etc..
joyf453628/05/2020 08:41

So, what does the WHO's advice mean for Australia?It means — as Australian …So, what does the WHO's advice mean for Australia?It means — as Australian authorities have consistently maintained — that Australia can and will see new coronavirus outbreaks at any time, and must be prepared to handle them.Even though new diagnoses of coronavirus have declined far below Australia's March peak, that doesn't mean the disease itself is going anywhere.

There will many episode of recurrence of Cov19 but like Korea, Japan and China they will shut it down quickly. We are prepared for secondary outbreaks but these will be isolated and not as vilurent. It's a different second strain which might come back in November which has everyone scared combined with the flu season. The expectation for this strain without vaccine is pandemic of Hollywood preportions.
Post a comment
@
    Text