Can a dual receiver Hive be installed to a combi boiler

Found 9th Dec 2017
I have bought the wrong Hive, dual reciever - is it possible to fit to a combi boiler?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
You bought the one with the hot water tank version? If so, you can still wire up for combi only. I've got the same.
EN1GMA3 m ago

You bought the one with the hot water tank version? If so, you can still …You bought the one with the hot water tank version? If so, you can still wire up for combi only. I've got the same.

Thanks - just looking at the wiring and think I have to move "Heating on to number 4".
scottishpunter6 m ago

Thanks - just looking at the wiring and think I have to move "Heating on …Thanks - just looking at the wiring and think I have to move "Heating on to number 4".

Can't remember sorry, but I know mine is one with the hot water tank option too but I'm using it on a combi option only.
The single uses volt free contacts and the dual live so as long as your boiler/system doesn't require volt free contacts you'll be ok (that's what I found out when trying to use it with my boiler, I could've made it work apparently but it would've cost so I just exchanged for the single)
xmikebx10 h, 11 m ago

The single uses volt free contacts and the dual live so as long as your …The single uses volt free contacts and the dual live so as long as your boiler/system doesn't require volt free contacts you'll be ok (that's what I found out when trying to use it with my boiler, I could've made it work apparently but it would've cost so I just exchanged for the single)

Thanks, not sure about Volt free, it is a Worcester so think it is ok, but I think I will buy the correct one then sell this on eBay as open boxed.
I bought the dual one and have a Worcester boiler - no issues at all. No issues from the engineer when installing and I just use it for the heating.

I’d give them a call with your boiler model and check but I suspect it will be just fine.
Edited by: "bluep" 10th Dec 2017
scottishpunter2 h, 31 m ago

Thanks, not sure about Volt free, it is a Worcester so think it is ok, but …Thanks, not sure about Volt free, it is a Worcester so think it is ok, but I think I will buy the correct one then sell this on eBay as open boxed.

On the bottom of this page here it does mention incompatibility with some Worcester Bosch models
hivehome.com/sup…ler

I'd do what @bluep suggests if you're having it installed by an engineer, but if you're planning on installing it yourself the diynot.com forums are a great resource for info and help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants