just looking for others peoples opinion on this

1. Ask
  2. Haircut
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Haircut
28 Comments

Not really

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/d/7/collegehumor.1e0014bd78c03e697aedba4798a93cd4.jpg

Yes

Chiptivo

Yes

Is that really you????? Then Yes

Original Poster

Chiptivo

Yes

very gd

Original Poster

my sons first day at big school,told his hair was not acceptable and offensive and he would be kept in isolation until it grows back
he has a grade one on sides and three on top

missismop

my sons first day at big school,told his hair was not acceptable and … my sons first day at big school,told his hair was not acceptable and offensive and he would be kept in isolation until it grows backhe has a grade one on sides and three on top

How ridiculous. Get in touch with the board of governors.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

How ridiculous. Get in touch with the board of governors.

thx have done

How old is he? If it's his first day at "big school" I can't imagine he went and got his hair done himself, so even if it isn't within guidelines (if any), how's it fair to punish him by segregation?

Original Poster

he is 11 ,he doesn't have any lines or a skinhead or any colour's

missismop

he is 11 ,he doesn't have any lines or a skinhead or any colour's

It's really strange. When I was growing up, most boys had army-style buzz cuts or other forms of short cropped hair because boys, let's face it, sometimes have questionable personal hygiene. It's easier to keep clean, less likely to get lice, etc etc. In fact most of the time there were any problems, it was because hair was too long/untidy rather than short. Either way at that age, I wouldn't expect a child to be controlling how their hair is cut, their hair is however their parents get it done. So if the school has a problem with it, it should be between the school and the parents, don't single the boy out and punish him for it.
Edited by: "Muir" 7th Sep 2016

Original Poster

LJM

Had the school given you any guidelines prior to him starting about … Had the school given you any guidelines prior to him starting about haircuts? (His hair sounds absolutely fine by the way).

they have now after the fact ,wasn't told in transition week that this style was not allowed

Original Poster

Muir

It's really strange. When I was growing up, most boys had army-style buzz … It's really strange. When I was growing up, most boys had army-style buzz cuts or other forms of short cropped hair because boys, let's face it, sometimes have questionable personal hygiene. It's easier to keep clean, less likely to get lice, etc etc. In fact most of the time there were any problems, it was because hair was too long/untidy rather than short. Either way at that age, I wouldn't expect a child to be controlling how their hair is cut, their hair is however their parents get it done. So if the school has a problem with it, it should be between the school and the parents, don't single the boy out and punish him for it.

very true ,i was so angry and he was so upset i took him home and told school that he is not being punished for something so stupid ,now school are threatening me with consequences

Original Poster

sooziewoo

At my kids school you are not allowed anything less than a no 3 cut

yeah and thats fine ,but not knowing this beforehand ,its not like i can stick it back on lol

missismop

yeah and thats fine ,but not knowing this beforehand ,its not like i can … yeah and thats fine ,but not knowing this beforehand ,its not like i can stick it back on lol

All Secondary schools have rules and policies regarding dress, uniform and appearance.
It would have been on the welcome pack and or details from the school.

One of the problems of recent years is the lack of respect for secondary rules and a lot if this can stem from more liberal parenting that appears to be the fashion.

I'm not saying this is the case with you, so please don't take it that way.
But treat it as a learning curve for you and your boy for the future.

Laugh it off, and think twice next time when at the hair dressers.

Most schools have dress codes which include certain haircuts, If it's in their policy then it should be respected. We would probably have a better idea if you posted a pic.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--B8kCHymC--/18lpaaturvnnijpg.jpg

Yes
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7a/f7/de/7af7de3affa1761fe56d9d616f022db6.jpg

It depends, I suppose. If you have a rude word shorn in the side of your head or something (unlikely with a kid!) of course that's offensive. I know schools frown down upon the fashion for young boys having "tribal markings" inscribed with clippers.

What matters is that his appearance is smart and appropriate for the more formal setting of a school. Extreme "Skinhead" or "punky" haircuts aren't welcomed as they're considered rather thuggish (though maybe it depends on the area/how liberal the headmaster is).

Hard to say without seeing a picture of your son's haircut.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 7th Sep 2016

At my children's school they can have a no. 2 and above. This is on the website , their journal and in the welcome pack. We know what is and isn't permitted.

If you do a Google search for 'black boy' and then click on images, going by the image results about 99% of black children wouldn't be allowed to attend the school in question. That just seems a bit wrong to me.

Banned

missismop

my sons first day at big school,told his hair was not acceptable and … my sons first day at big school,told his hair was not acceptable and offensive and he would be kept in isolation until it grows backhe has a grade one on sides and three on top

You should have read their policy then

Its your fault your own kid has been put in isolation. Poor parenting at best.

Yes, very much so, as well as no hair cut

Go down and cause a scene. Fair enough if it was dyed pink but if its just cut the way you say its cut then it sounds fine and neat.

Usually find if you make a noise theyll eventually cave but need to do it in a respectful manner lol

Original Poster

the school policy on hair is no extreme shortness ie no skin head ,no unnatural colours and no shaved patterns my sons hair is grade 1 on sides and 3 on top ,very nice and tidy

Original Poster

didnt receive any form of journal or welcome pack saying any different, he went to transition week with the same haircut and nothing was said about it being to short

123batman321

Go down and cause a scene. lol

Standard modern UK Parenting..
Nice

Short back and ****, the standard council estate hair style.

Chiptivo

Standard modern UK Parenting.. Nice

As i said do it in a respectful way. Op was given no indication of this rule. No point just sitting back and accepting things that dont make sense. My kids are taught to follow rules that are sensible or resonable but il always challenge something thats unfair or nonsensical. We live in the uk not north korea

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. One4all Gift Cards no longer accepted by Amazon.co.uk11
  2. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git514
  3. A new low for British politics.22
  4. Ordered the Xbox One X from Argos? Delivery could be 00:01 on 07/1133

See more discussions