Expired

Can a kindle fire be used for homework?

Found 11th Dec 2013
My 12 yrold has asked for a tablet, would a kindle be ok for homework, so he can type essay out and send to the printer.. Cheers
Community Updates
AskKindleKindle Fire
7 Comments
Kindle fire maybe, but your best off with an android based tablet like a nexus as there is a wide range of compatible printers
you're better off with a cheap laptop, keyboards on tablets are horrible for large amounts of typing.
I don't think you can automatically do any kind of writing on a Kindle without downloading relevant software first. I have one and sometimes struggle to open email attachments etc as it says the format is not supported. Plus typing for long periods of time wouldn't be great on any kind of tablet.
dcx_badass

No tablet is good for typing, especially work. As for the printer, it … No tablet is good for typing, especially work. As for the printer, it helps if you tell us what printer you have.

It's a wireless printer.. Cheers
canarykaz

I don't think you can automatically do any kind of writing on a Kindle … I don't think you can automatically do any kind of writing on a Kindle without downloading relevant software first. I have one and sometimes struggle to open email attachments etc as it says the format is not supported. Plus typing for long periods of time wouldn't be great on any kind of tablet.

Is there an app to download for typing? Cheers
There are a few options which show up in the APP store. One is to buy for £3.00 and a couple of free ones - one of them has decent reviews. I don't have any knowledge of how good they are to work with. You would need to check whether the model of printer you have is compatible with the Kindle.
canarykaz

There are a few options which show up in the APP store. One is to buy for … There are a few options which show up in the APP store. One is to buy for £3.00 and a couple of free ones - one of them has decent reviews. I don't have any knowledge of how good they are to work with. You would need to check whether the model of printer you have is compatible with the Kindle.

Ok thanks so much for your help.. Merry Christmas
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants