Groups

can a ps3 remote control work 2 consoles?

obviously not at the same time, we have ordered one console for upstairs and we have another downstairs, we already have 1 remote, do we need another for upstairs? or will the 1 remote work on both consoles (for playing blu-rays?)

16 Comments

they will work for both consoles but if you register the same remote for both consoles you might have a problem in that when you press ON you'd switch on both consoles if they are in range! I think...!

SuperEd

yep my bros and mine when i go round there do it all the time

Original Poster

ei8hty5ive;6852182

they will work for both consoles but if you register the same remote for … they will work for both consoles but if you register the same remote for both consoles you might have a problem in that when you press ON you'd switch on both consoles if they are in range! I think...!

is that all that would happen? is there a way i could prevent this? (apart from buying another lol!)

Now that I don't know! Best think to do I guess is try it, and if all else fails use the remote on the one you watch movies on or buy an aftermarket controller (Or another PS3 remote if you're feeling flush!) for console number 2! Sorry I can't be of more help!

Original Poster

ei8hty5ive;6852297

Now that I don't know! Best think to do I guess is try it, and if all … Now that I don't know! Best think to do I guess is try it, and if all else fails use the remote on the one you watch movies on or buy an aftermarket controller (Or another PS3 remote if you're feeling flush!) for console number 2! Sorry I can't be of more help!

thanks, youve been a great help! have some rep, you and the other hukd'er who helped me!

yeah i would think it would turn both on assuming they are on the same frequency...

the remote works anywhere, not just the same room! i believe it is Bluetooth

The ps3 remote is bluetooth. It only works on one console at a time.

There is no "on" button on the remote as they all turn the console on, but none turn it off.

This is all assuming that its the official remote in question.

Banned

deathtrap3000;6852955

The ps3 remote is bluetooth. It only works on one console at a time.There … The ps3 remote is bluetooth. It only works on one console at a time.There is no "on" button on the remote as they all turn the console on, but none turn it off.This is all assuming that its the official remote in question.

not true for my official remotes :thinking:

Only the R/Cs PS button turns my 80gb ps3 on. I can also turn it off with that button too.

For people with the old fatties, the remote only turns the PS3 on if you turned it off with the remote, for the owners of the beautiful and svelt slim, any button on the remote instantly turns the PS3 on

iNSOMANiAC;6853011

For people with the old fatties, the remote only turns the PS3 on if you … For people with the old fatties, the remote only turns the PS3 on if you turned it off with the remote, for the owners of the beautiful and svelt slim, any button on the remote instantly turns the PS3 on

Any button on my remote turns my 80gb "fat" ps3 on.

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;6853011

For people with the old fatties, the remote only turns the PS3 on if you … For people with the old fatties, the remote only turns the PS3 on if you turned it off with the remote, for the owners of the beautiful and svelt slim, any button on the remote instantly turns the PS3 on

My 3 month old 80gb can be turned on regardless of how it was turned off. Just tested it.
    deathtrap3000;6854410

Any button on my remote turns my 80gb "fat" ps3 on.

My 3 month old 80gb can be turned on ONLY with the PS button on the remote or on the console itself. Just tested it.

Bizarre how they vary!

:thinking:

csiman;6854808

Bizarre how they vary!:thinking:

might be down to the model number of the control.

Banned

deathtrap3000;6855006

might be down to the model number of the control.

Or a setting in the system settings as I do change mine around quite a bit

Original Poster

it is an official remote i have, and it seems to turn the one on downstairs even when im in another room - so the big question is, do i need to buy another or is it pointless?

Banned

hocka;6855458

it is an official remote i have, and it seems to turn the one on … it is an official remote i have, and it seems to turn the one on downstairs even when im in another room - so the big question is, do i need to buy another or is it pointless?

might as well buy another anyway

saves arguments when both want to play really and only £15 second hand

Original Poster

csiman;6855762

might as well buy another anywaysaves arguments when both want to play … might as well buy another anywaysaves arguments when both want to play really and only £15 second hand

wont be using both at the same time tho :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions