Can a replace the case on a nintendo ds ????

Hi

My daughter has dropped her ds (phat ) and both the hinges have broke making it very differcult to play,its still working fine thankfully.

Is it possible to just replace the case ? I'm sure i have read it somewhere.

If so where do i buy one from and how hard is it to change ?

Many Thanks
Jacqui

13 Comments

Banned

you need a case and a screwdriver, both from here for a couple of quid, the phat is easier to replace than the light so thats good, just need some time and patience [url]www.dealextreme.com[/url] usually a week or two for delivery

check out ebay too, dont think they be any dearer off there, good luck x

sassie;2762138

you need a case and a screwdriver, both from here for a couple of quid, … you need a case and a screwdriver, both from here for a couple of quid, the phat is easier to replace than the light so thats good, just need some time and patience ]www.dealextreme.com usually a week or two for deliverycheck out ebay too, dont think they be any dearer off there, good luck x

have you ever replaced the casing sassie? my son broke one of his hinges on his ds phat and have looked at the ones on deal extreme before but am worried i would end up breaking it :lol:

Original Poster

Thats great thanks so much,i will go have a look now.

Banned

i havent no, but my 15 yr old nephew has, it took him about 2 hours, he took everything apart bit by bit, he drew a diagram of each bit as he went, so very time consuming, but it was woth it, he nneded new screen, so did that and new case, he was well chuffed at his end reult, he says just time and patience

sassie;2762207

i havent no, but my 15 yr old nephew has, it took him about 2 hours, he … i havent no, but my 15 yr old nephew has, it took him about 2 hours, he took everything apart bit by bit, he drew a diagram of each bit as he went, so very time consuming, but it was woth it, he nneded new screen, so did that and new case, he was well chuffed at his end reult, he says just time and patience

thanks sassie :thumbsup: might give it a go then :lol:

theres a vid on youtube on how tp do the lite as my lil one dropped his and broke the hinge the oh thought it was a great project!! :w00t:

Banned

cheerleader;2762183

have you ever replaced the casing sassie? my son broke one of his hinges … have you ever replaced the casing sassie? my son broke one of his hinges on his ds phat and have looked at the ones on deal extreme before but am worried i would end up breaking it :lol:

How old is it?

I've had 2 different NDS repaired with busted hinges free of charge by Nintendo under the 12 month warrenty.

I also have a third (out of warrenty - and annoyingly bought when one of the other NDS was feared lost!) that has a busted hinge. I keep meaning to place an order, but Ive never got round to it. It is very fiddlely, but it is do able.

Luckily since the repairs, no further damage has occured. Maybe they have strengthened the casing now?

guv;2762969

How old is it?I've had 2 different NDS repaired with busted hinges free … How old is it?I've had 2 different NDS repaired with busted hinges free of charge by Nintendo under the 12 month warrenty.I also have a third (out of warrenty - and annoyingly bought when one of the other NDS was feared lost!) that has a busted hinge. I keep meaning to place an order, but Ive never got round to it. It is very fiddlely, but it is do able.Luckily since the repairs, no further damage has occured. Maybe they have strengthened the casing now?

it's over 2 years old :-(

Banned

cheerleader;2763733

it's over 2 years old :-(

Ah, ok! You're out of luck then (unless you try to tell them differently!)

guv;2763784

Ah, ok! You're out of luck then (unless you try to tell them differently!)

hmmm, might be worth a try :thumbsup:

Banned

cheerleader;2763954

hmmm, might be worth a try :thumbsup:

You will need a receipt ( a photocopy will do!) I'd imagine it would be quite easy to adapt!!!!

guv;2763977

You will need a receipt ( a photocopy will do!) I'd imagine it would be … You will need a receipt ( a photocopy will do!) I'd imagine it would be quite easy to adapt!!!!

oh i don't think i have the receipt anymore :-(

Banned

cheerleader;2764052

oh i don't think i have the receipt anymore :-(

I didnt send mine the first time. (Though did have the receipt.) They repaired it all the same.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763958
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions