Can a scratched Xbox one disc be repaired?

Found 9th Oct 2015
Hi guys. Bought Gta V from a private seller on Ebay for the Xbox one. The disc has a circular scratch and won't install. Can it be repaired? Thanks!
Community Updates
AskXboxXbox One
16 Comments
CEX and Game both do Disc repairs for a couple of quid I believe. Might work but, as far as I'm aware, not guaranteed. Did the seller say it had a scratch on the disc?
Original Poster
bex85

CEX and Game both do Disc repairs for a couple of quid I believe. Might … CEX and Game both do Disc repairs for a couple of quid I believe. Might work but, as far as I'm aware, not guaranteed. Did the seller say it had a scratch on the disc?

No he didn't, but it was a bargain price of £18 I knew they repaired dvds, but wasn't sure about blurays.
return it, if they have repaired it and it still has a scratch then what game/cex try will not remove it either.
Edited by: "thecoolguy" 9th Oct 2015
I bought an Xbox One game the other week from Game and was asked if I wanted to take out disc repair cover for it so yup, they do it lol.
I would be messaging the seller though if they didn't say it had a scratch on, especially as it's not working. If it was a minor scratch that didn't affect anything I probably wouldn't bother but, as you can't install or play the game, definitely complain.
Edited by: "bex85" 9th Oct 2015
Original Poster
thecoolguy

return it, if they have repaired it and it still has a scratch then what … return it, if they have repaired it and it still has a scratch then what game/cex try will not remove it either.

bex85

I bought an Xbox One game the other week from Game and was asked if I … I bought an Xbox One game the other week from Game and was asked if I wanted to take out disc repair cover for it so yup, they do it lol.I would be messaging the seller though if they didn't say it had a scratch on, especially as it's not working. If it was a minor scratch that didn't affect anything I probably wouldn't bother but, as you can't install or play the game, definitely complain.

I've sent him a message, but no reply. Surely If it'd been previously repaired, the scratch at least would be unnoticeable?
I've taken a few Blu Rays to game and they've always got them scratch free again...saying that though I'd be on to the seller for my refund
A real bargain at £18.
Original Poster
dereklogan7

A real bargain at £18.

Would have been, if it worked
If you messaged with no reply try again failing that open a case that will soon get his attention.
see if you can borrow gta v off a mate install it on your xb1 then when going to play put your scratched disc in and see if it works, the machine only needs to read the licence on the disc. fingers crossed it will work for you
Original Poster
gemvis

If you messaged with no reply try again failing that open a case that … If you messaged with no reply try again failing that open a case that will soon get his attention.

He's got back to me, and said that it was tested and worked, but if it doesn't I can return it for a refund. I replied that game charge £3 to repair, and I'd be happy if he paid.
mad569797

see if you can borrow gta v off a mate install it on your xb1 then when … see if you can borrow gta v off a mate install it on your xb1 then when going to play put your scratched disc in and see if it works, the machine only needs to read the licence on the disc. fingers crossed it will work for you

Good advice, will keep that in mind.
Is it a scratch or laser burn? If it's the latter it can't be repaired. I would just return it in yor position
I've had quite a few games repaired at Game, takes a while but I've never had a bad result.
Original Poster
He's agreed to pay for game to repair it.
Toothpaste works
Original Poster
dieselpitman

Toothpaste works

I'll try game 1st thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants