can a sky remote control a home cinema system?

Found 3rd Apr 2012
just been given sky free for 6 months, wasnt gonna go back but its free! lol, anyhow, the sky remote is not turning the tv on or controlling the soind. i know we need to find a code to make it work the tv, but how do we get it to control the cinema system? (for sound), as the tv sound isnt 5.1 like the dvd set up (cinema setup). is this even possible? many thanks in advance xxx
Community Updates
18 Comments
I cannot get my sky remote to work the tv at the moment, it used to do but I dropped it and the batteries came out, now no matter what code I put in, none of them work.

Sorry, do not know answer to your question lol.
Sky remotes will only be programmed to work tv's
maccy1

I cannot get my sky remote to work the tv at the moment, it used to do … I cannot get my sky remote to work the tv at the moment, it used to do but I dropped it and the batteries came out, now no matter what code I put in, none of them work.Sorry, do not know answer to your question lol.

Did you put the batteries back in
ding

thought they could control the sound from your dvd too? anyone else confirm this please?
You should get a harmony remote, they're great
ding

Did you put the batteries back in

lol - it was not a blond moment honest!! Yes the batteries are back in, have tried loads of codes but none work, just find it strange because it worked before.
sancho1983

You should get a harmony remote, they're great

im just looking at them, what do you think about the 300i version?
logitech.com/en-…812
£27.78 from amazon
dipulmiah

Try this … Try this link.http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

That link is for maccy1.
maccy1 are you positive you are using the correct process to put the code in. I was in a similar position until I realised I was doing it wrong even though I had done it several times before.
Thanks dipulmiah - there are some codes I have not tried on the Sky website, so will try.

Hi greg_68, I did the wrong one at first, it was for the dvd, but I will try with the other codes now.

Thanks.
ding

Wrong, they can be programed for home cinema aswell, my sky remote control my yamaha one .
dipulmiah

That link is for maccy1.

It works!!! Thanks a lot - I was looking on other websites for the answer rather than sky itself.
now write the code on the inside of the battery cover for next time
greg_68

now write the code on the inside of the battery cover for next time

Good idea, thanks xxx
philmitchell

Wrong, they can be programed for home cinema aswell, my sky remote … Wrong, they can be programed for home cinema aswell, my sky remote control my yamaha one .

how do i get this to work on ours?
maccy1

It works!!! Thanks a lot - I was looking on other websites for the answer … It works!!! Thanks a lot - I was looking on other websites for the answer rather than sky itself.

Glad to help.
philmitchell

Wrong, they can be programed for home cinema aswell, my sky remote … Wrong, they can be programed for home cinema aswell, my sky remote control my yamaha one .

nice one i didnt know that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants