Expired

Can any boiler have a wireless thermostat fitted?

Found 2nd Oct 2013
Hi all

I have a worcester 25si, i think its about 10yrs old from the looks of it. would it be possible to fit a wireless thermostat to this boiler?

13 Comments

That is a similar question to what I was thinking today but ours is a different boiler. I would really like to know though.

yes u need to know if your boiler connection for room stat is 230v or 12v and buy a wireless programer according to that

Original Poster

ascotplumbing

yes u need to know if your boiler connection for room stat is 230v or 12v … yes u need to know if your boiler connection for room stat is 230v or 12v and buy a wireless programer according to that

i dont even have a wired thermostat, i just have the thermostats on the radiators. Does that make any difference?

Yes you can fit one! I fitted one to mine about four years ago. Mines an old floor standing cast iron one which may be as old as 50yrs. Of I remember rightly I just put a 240v feed into the reciever box in parallel to existing boiler feed. It paid for itself in a month.

British Gas fitted mine to a boiler that is 25+ years old when I won one in their competition. I think the guy said that whether or not it was doable depended on how/where the pump was connected to the boiler. I know he had to do something with the wiring on the pump, and then fitted the receiver box next to the existing timer (which is now switched permanently on).

yes any wireless timer would be fine as the first unit connects to the boiler and the thermostat is powered by batteries. are u looking for a unit with a timer or thermostat alone. as i will post a link from screwfix for u or ebay.

I just had a new boiler worcester 28i green star fitted the other month, and fitter used my wireless thermostat which is in the hall connects to the kitchen boiler works a treat ,its a Drayton digistat +3 in the hall and it connects to Drayton digistat scr in the kitchen ....

I have the thermostats on the radiators too. In my last place I had a thermostat on the wall that controlled the temp and my heating was on all the time and just controlled by me adjusting the wall thermostat. Can I fit one and which type should I look for?

fern37

I have the thermostats on the radiators too. In my last place I had a … I have the thermostats on the radiators too. In my last place I had a thermostat on the wall that controlled the temp and my heating was on all the time and just controlled by me adjusting the wall thermostat. Can I fit one and which type should I look for?

are you looking for a wireless thermostat or a wireless timer. if u have thermostats on the rads i would guess u would just need a timer. most likely u should have one fitted with the boiler but if u dont or wand another then yes u can

kash2013

are you looking for a wireless thermostat or a wireless timer. if u have … are you looking for a wireless thermostat or a wireless timer. if u have thermostats on the rads i would guess u would just need a timer. most likely u should have one fitted with the boiler but if u dont or wand another then yes u can

I have a timer on the boiler but I want to leave it on and use a thermostat to control the temp in rooms. Set it to maybe 20 and then when it reaches that temp, it cuts off the heating so that there is a regular ambient temp. Does that make sense?

perfect sense. i did the same setup in my house as there was no constant temperature. i post a link from ebay and one from screwfix. ebay will be alot cheaper.

ebay.co.uk/itm…834?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item3f15b57b92

screwfix.com/p/d…146

kash2013

perfect sense. i did the same setup in my house as there was no constant … perfect sense. i did the same setup in my house as there was no constant temperature. i post a link from ebay and one from screwfix. ebay will be alot cheaper.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALUS-DIGITAL-ELECTRONIC-ROOM-THERMOSTAT-STAT-RT300-RF-BNIB-WIRELESS-/270947154834?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item3f15b57b92http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-digistat-rf-room-thermostat/73146

Thank you very much for your help

Original Poster

kash2013

perfect sense. i did the same setup in my house as there was no constant … perfect sense. i did the same setup in my house as there was no constant temperature. i post a link from ebay and one from screwfix. ebay will be alot cheaper.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALUS-DIGITAL-ELECTRONIC-ROOM-THERMOSTAT-STAT-RT300-RF-BNIB-WIRELESS-/270947154834?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item3f15b57b92Wow thanks for all the replies. i wanted for same reason to keep room at constant temp now i have two LOhttp://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-digistat-rf-room-thermostat/73146

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants