Expired

Can any one confirm Samsung Galaxy S5 locked to Vodafone (upgrade) is actually unlocked or not

Found 13th May 2014
I am looking to buy S5 locked to Vodafone, if some one confirm is actually locked or not
Community Updates
13 Comments
If it is locked as you say then it will be. Then again it will come down to where you are getting it from. Who is the supplier?
Original Poster
simplyjimbo

If it is locked as you say then it will be. Then again it will come down … If it is locked as you say then it will be. Then again it will come down to where you are getting it from. Who is the supplier?

I just bought it today from eBay so according to the seller this is her upgrade and came from Vodafone, reason I am asking, this is gift , so don't wanna open if its unlocked.
Original Poster
As I purchased before few devices listed as Vodafone locked mostly the came unlocked
Phones from vodafone are usually locked, unless purchased through carphone warehouse or phones 4u
Are you saying you actually want it locked?? It's beneficial if it's not locked, as will work with Vodafone and other networks instead of just Vodafone.
Original Poster
No, off course I prefer the phone unlocked, otherwise I m going to buy unlock code, but in that case the phone packaging will be open, which is my main concern
jun19

No, off course I prefer the phone unlocked, otherwise I m going to buy … No, off course I prefer the phone unlocked, otherwise I m going to buy unlock code, but in that case the phone packaging will be open, which is my main concern

Contract mobiles from Vodafone (excluding IPhones) are always unlocked. You may have the splash screen, though.

Eight Vodafone contract mobiles in two years, not a single one locked. All supplied directly from the network.
Original Poster
Thanks
Does anyone know how to get rid off the Vodafone branding so it just runs on stock firmware
xda have everything you need ,you will have to flash a generic rom using odin
On thanks

Did anyone determine if the Vodafone Samsung Galaxy s5 are locked to there network
Hey guys, I bought it it's locked. Waiting to get it unlocked from Grainger Game...been waiting a while, they're saying that the internet site they use is having trouble unlocking Samsung's atm, hoping to be sorted in a few days

Hope it helps
problems with samsung servers therefore no unlocks are going through
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants