Groups

Can any one recommend some good Romantic films please

As per title

My OH has asked me to get some romantic films for me & her to sit down n watch once the kids have gone to bed.

TBH i really dont no many good romantic films cos i dont normally watch them but il do it because she wants to watch them with me.

So please recommend some cheers

28 Comments

"50 first dates" is lovely if you haven't already seen it.

No do you have to do this! o my god no no no !!!!!!!!
    But if you have to it has to be Dirty dancing

You cant go wrong with Beaches and The Rose

Die Hard.. or Con Air...

Always brings a tear to my eye, when the hero gets the Gal...

and the brilliant song that plays...

Die Hard - Let it snow Let it Sno let it Snow (frank?)
    Con Air - Leahane(?) Rhymes - how do i live without you....

Awsome!

The Notebook, even though I haven't watched it.

P.S i love you but be warned its pretty sad!!

Yeah, if you are watching it, make it a romantic comedy;

- PS I love you
    - Definitely Maybe
    - My best friends girl
    - 27 dresses

etc. I couldn't watch anything too slushy. Thank god my missus isn't into all that :-)

mosskeeto;4736039

You cant go wrong with Beaches and The Rose

Beaches is so sad! an all time fav of mine but not one to watch for a romantic night

Wenchybev;4736097

Beaches is so sad! an all time fav of mine but not one to watch for a … Beaches is so sad! an all time fav of mine but not one to watch for a romantic night

My friend made me watch Beaches to see if I had a heart, she kept ringing me to see if I was crying, it didnt get me I must say

What Happens in Vegas is pretty good. Well I thought it was anyway!

michelleleemoo;4736125

My friend made me watch Beaches to see if I had a heart, she kept ringing … My friend made me watch Beaches to see if I had a heart, she kept ringing me to see if I was crying, it didnt get me I must say

Ok im a softy but dont tell everyone :P

Original Poster

bluetigermobiles;4736035

"50 first dates" is lovely if you haven't already seen it.

Thanks, but have seen it

mikebike;4736038

No do you have to do this! o my god no no no !!!!!!!!But if you have to … No do you have to do this! o my god no no no !!!!!!!!But if you have to it has to be Dirty dancing

Yep i do, she has hinted it might be a good night after the film n its been that long i think i can sit & watch a film with her

onlyme23;4736077

P.S i love you but be warned its pretty sad!!

She watched it a couple of nights ago and told me it was a sad but very good film

mhh1981;4736095

Yeah, if you are watching it, make it a romantic comedy;- PS I love you- … Yeah, if you are watching it, make it a romantic comedy;- PS I love you- Definitely Maybe- My best friends girl- 27 dressesetc. I couldn't watch anything too slushy. Thank god my missus isn't into all that :-)

Think you might have the right idea at least i can have a laugh at the same time if I pick a good film

Thanks to every one so far, if any one knows of any others let me know cheers

The wedding singer, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, chocolat, moulin rouge, sleepless in Seattle, the holiday, 40 days 40 nights, love actually, when harry met sally, the notebook, A lot like love, if only, mamma mia, what dreams may come, how to lose a guy in 10 days, captain correli's mandolin, Armageddon, you've got mail, wedding crashers, music and lyrics, click, the wedding planner, groundhog day.

That's not quite what she meant by "romantic films";-)

The notebook,
    Twilight (not out till next week though)
    PS I Love you
    Romeo and Juliet
    My best friends wedding
    When Harry met Sally
    Picture Perfect
    The break up
    Top Gun
    Dirty Dancing

City of Angels
    Armageddon
    Titanic
    Officer and a Gentleman
    PS I Love You

Try...
    Ever After starring Drew Barrymore and Angelica Houston
    The Waitress
    The Truth about Cats & Dogs starring Uma Thurman
    Stardust...love this one
    Hitch starring Will Smith
    Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly
    Pretty Woman

Should keep you going!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your ideas of films to watch.

We ended up watching " My best friends girl" ( only went for it hoping it would be funny as well) it was ok ish, not something we would watch again. An my OH said afterwards that she would of liked something a bit more lovey, As she has already watch "PS i love you" n she really enjoyed that. so im going to go though all these read reviews on them & find another love film like that which will keep her happy for the another evening

If you want funny aswell, As Good As It Gets is great

the holiday is a good one

Banned

Ghost

Stardust.. love that film !

Take her to the cinema and watch marley and me, My missus was in tears at that one.

oldmankensey;4746666

Take her to the cinema and watch marley and me, My missus was in tears at … Take her to the cinema and watch marley and me, My missus was in tears at that one.

i cried at that too! :oops:

Original Poster

oldmankensey;4746666

Take her to the cinema and watch marley and me, My missus was in tears at … Take her to the cinema and watch marley and me, My missus was in tears at that one.

onlyme23;4746774

i cried at that too! :oops:

Is it very good thee? i download it the other day to watch as its a family film just not got around to watching it with the kids yet

mrfun1981;4746813

Is it very good thee? i download it the other day to watch as its a … Is it very good thee? i download it the other day to watch as its a family film just not got around to watching it with the kids yet

we all loved it but definatly a weepie!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.513
      2. One for the mathmeticians2539
      3. Cat Chat77744
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177

See more discussions