can any1 help me????!!!!!?????

hi every1 just wondering about some things....
right, im 16 and looking to get a moped, but my mum said something about if i get a 50cc moped deristriced and therefor able to go over 30mph my licence and isurance wud b invalid!
is this true???

9 Comments

Yes. As it's not standard manufacturer specification.

I'd like to see you do over 30mph on a 50cc moped without seizing the thing up.............

You have to ride a bike below a certain BHP/Power, So yes, Riding one derestricted would be against you provisional licence, So that would make the insurance invalid.

Original Poster

thanks for the quick replies people! alot of 50cc mopeds can do over 30 by just drestricting it. all of my friends that have mopeds doo over 30 they do about 55 and the have insruance so i guess it unvalid? but how would any1 know if it is is deristricted is there a way to get round it??

bellj02

thanks for the quick replies people! alot of 50cc mopeds can do over 30 … thanks for the quick replies people! alot of 50cc mopeds can do over 30 by just drestricting it. all of my friends that have mopeds doo over 30 they do about 55 and the have insruance so i guess it unvalid? but how would any1 know if it is is deristricted is there a way to get round it??

In the event of an accident it may be looked at by the insurance company (or usually a garage they specify) who will then see it's been derestricted. You'll then be without a bike or money and a large legal bill if you happened to damage anyone or anything else. :thumbsup:

You'll also be taken to court for riding without insurance and get at least 6 points to a ban.................which then means insurance is astronomical for 5 years.

Original Poster

Syzable

In the event of an accident it may be looked at by the insurance company … In the event of an accident it may be looked at by the insurance company (or usually a garage they specify) who will then see it's been derestricted. You'll then be without a bike or money and a large legal bill if you happened to damage anyone or anything else. :thumbsup:You'll also be taken to court for riding without insurance and get at least 6 points to a ban.................which then means insurance is astronomical for 5 years.

thanks...... i wont be getting one deriedted thn lol. but if i didnt get it dristed but it could still doo over 30 like one i have just asked a lady about she says it does 40 and is no deristed what happens there i should be fine shouldnt i?

bellj02

thanks...... i wont be getting one deriedted thn lol. but if i didnt get … thanks...... i wont be getting one deriedted thn lol. but if i didnt get it dristed but it could still doo over 30 like one i have just asked a lady about she says it does 40 and is no deristed what happens there i should be fine shouldnt i?

Yes, that'll be fine. Some are a bit quicker than others..........about 40-45 mph max without derestriction. Aprilla's are a bit quicker than most. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks alot!! il av a look and see, btw does any1 have a 50cc moped 4 sale???

bellj02

thanks alot!! il av a look and see, btw does any1 have a 50cc moped 4 … thanks alot!! il av a look and see, btw does any1 have a 50cc moped 4 sale???

No problem. And post a wanted ad in the For Sale forum. Someone may have one. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cheers (Y)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions