Groups

CAN ANY1 HELP ME PLEASE?.. cracked screen on samsung g600

my son slammed a dish down on my phone and now the screens cracked i can only see 1 side of the screen and its all fuzzy n wierd colours :-(
    only had it for a few months...anyone know a cheap place to get it mended or better still a cheaper way to fix a new screen maybe??
    hope someone can help me :'-(

UPDATE: NOW I CANT SEE ANYTHING ON MY SCREEN.. IT STILL RINGS THOUGH HAHA I JUST DONT KNOW WHOS RINGING ME LOL.

16 Comments

Original Poster

this is what happened straight away...
    http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk212/katiecoggin/DSCF6266.jpg

this is what its like niw...
    http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk212/katiecoggin/DSCF6269.jpg

Is it insured?

Original Poster

cis_groupie;5080957

Is it insured?

Nope :-(
    i bought it from catalogue 2 months ago. :x :roll: :? :thinking:

Original Poster

update.. now i cant see anything.. will it just be the screen or like something inside it or is it a lcd screen? lol

Original Poster

ding;5081033

]ebay.

cheers. just looking on ebays now x

Original Poster

on ebay.. Item number: 260394656736
    would this be right? and how easy would it be to change does any1 know? x

Banned

Try "280339463646" its a little cheaper...

Its quite simple to do but I wouldnt recommend it if you havent ever taken a phone apart before...
    formymobile.co.uk/g60…php

Carphone Warehouse will repair ANY phone for a set £44.50 incl VAT.

Banned

lmao, if your willing to pay that much for a G600 let me know and I will replace the screen for you for £20 + £6 postage back to you lol

Banned

I cant see it being cracked as its plastic and is quite flexible, the LCD is glass... Cant really be sure though, so best to run your finger over the areas you see cracked if its smooth, then the lens is ok, if its not then its cracked too

Original Poster

the screen is still smooth.. think its jst the bit behind the screen thats cracked? lol
    i dunno all the phone word terms.
    my friends gunna do it for me, he knows how to take phones apart.
    thankyooou all for you help and advice! x

Banned

The bit behind the screen is the screen/LCD the part at the front which is made of plastic and part of the housing/fascia is the lens, these are usually quite flexible

Your mate shouldnt have any problems with fitting it, show them the guide for dissasembly
    formymobile.co.uk/g60…php as its usually taking apart that people have problems with and its normally quite easy to damage the ribbon whilst attempting it... If you have a look at the last picture on the guide, you will see the large black ribbon, this is what connects your screen, keypad, camera and earpiece to the actual phone, you just need to be carefull with this

Original Poster

MobilePhonez;5090657

The bit behind the screen is the screen/LCD the part at the front … The bit behind the screen is the screen/LCD the part at the front which is made of plastic and part of the housing/fascia is the lens, these are usually quite flexible :)Your mate shouldnt have any problems with fitting it, show them the guide for dissasembly http://www.formymobile.co.uk/g600disassembly.php as its usually taking apart that people have problems with and its normally quite easy to damage the ribbon whilst attempting it... If you have a look at the last picture on the guide, you will see the large black ribbon, this is what connects your screen, keypad, camera and earpiece to the actual phone, you just need to be carefull with this

THANKYOOOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. REP GIVEN :thumbsup: :-D

Banned

No problem, happy to help

If your stuck I can recommend a friend with a phone repair company that will sell and fit your LCD at cost if you mention my name....

If your stuck give me a shout, his postal service is great 2-3 day turn around etc....

I wont plug or mention any names on the forum though....

maxmix
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1527
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1327
      3. word association Game73944523
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow44

See more discussions