Groups

Can anybody recommend a good way to insure a xbox one?

As above, just ordered an xbox one and looking to insure it as my xbox 360 died just after the warranty period ended and i don't want to risk any problems.

Cheapest i can find is £5.50 a month, anybody know any better deals with cashback for example or a package current account offering protection?

13 Comments

Barclays offer gadget protection. I think most insurers do or you can add it to your home contents insurance, just make sure it covers it breaking, not just loss

With Barclays I pay £15 a month for breakdown cover, mobile phone and travel insurance - if you put it in a joint account, it doubles up for no extra cost

Microsoft offers official warranty extentions to 2 years instead of 1 year for about £60

Original Poster

Thanks guys, looking into both options now

Just check the terms and conditions of any insurance. My sister in law had her iphone insured with protect your bubble and smashed the screen. When she went to claim it was a £75 excess to get it fixed but she found a place who fitted a new one for £40. Since then I have looked into a few and most are pretty much non-insurance.

Original Poster

Python

Just check the terms and conditions of any insurance. My sister in law … Just check the terms and conditions of any insurance. My sister in law had her iphone insured with protect your bubble and smashed the screen. When she went to claim it was a £75 excess to get it fixed but she found a place who fitted a new one for £40. Since then I have looked into a few and most are pretty much non-insurance.

Yeah i looked at a similar company first and it was £5.50 a month with £75 excess. Meaning if it broke in 2 years i could of just bought a brand new one myself.

I'm going to go with the Microsoft plan thanks for the advise it looks the best option from a well known company.

Thanks for all the suggestions

AStonedRaichu

Yeah i looked at a similar company first and it was £5.50 a month with … Yeah i looked at a similar company first and it was £5.50 a month with £75 excess. Meaning if it broke in 2 years i could of just bought a brand new one myself. I'm going to go with the Microsoft plan thanks for the advise it looks the best option from a well known company. Thanks for all the suggestions

just activate the warranty and it pops up offering the extention

Banned

i would of just bought one from JL

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

If they had a decent priced bundle at the time of ordering i would of, £329 for just the standalone console when i looked, I got Xbox one, Halo and Forza for £299 from Very

I got a 3 year warranty with Argos for £45

whatsThePoint

You would of would you of?

craigstephens

You would of would you of?

I think that went straight over their head Craig. People just type away without giving a thought to what they are really saying. They think it doesn't matter but some employers etc. will take note.
    Edited by: "Martini" 2nd Jan 2015

fraserthomson16

Microsoft offers official warranty extentions to 2 years instead of 1 … Microsoft offers official warranty extentions to 2 years instead of 1 year for about £60

It should be covered for two years anyway under European rules! UK rules are tighter in some respects but there should be no need to have it additionally covered for a two year period. That's probably one reason why John Lewis give a two year warranty.
    Edited by: "Martini" 2nd Jan 2015
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      2. Large card print/poster..11
      3. DVD storage33
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?614

See more discussions