EXPIRED

Can anybody recommend a Laptop?

Only have max £300 to spend, not a lot I know. But can anybody recommend or suggest a decent one for that price? I know sod all about them really. Will just be for general use, but needs to be fairly quick.
Pref with Vista, maybe windows 7 (but again know nothing about Windows 7)
Must have a dvd rw drive but I guess most do now? oh wifi would be a bonus too
Must be brand new also, although don't mind a refurb.
As I say I know sod all really so wouldn't know where to start myself.
Any help greatly appreciated

7 Comments

My Only advice is keep away if you can from Vista. Windows 7 is far more stable and user friendly

If you get a laptop with Vista with a free uipgrade to Win 7, dont use it until the Windows 7 upgrade DVD arrives,

ASDA are currently offering a COMPAQ laptop for £327 online and instore.
Seems to have a good spec:

Processor AMD Sempron Processor (2GHz)
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Storage Capacity 160GB
RAM (MB) 2GB DDR2
Screen Size (inch) 15.6"
Disc Drive Super-Multi DVD Drive with Double Layer support and Lightscribe
Screen Type High Definition HP Brightview LCD
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Wireless Enabled 802.11 b/g Wireless enabled
USB Port 3
Weight 2.68Kg
Software Included Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 60-day trial
Dimensions (WxDxH in cm) H4.1 x W37.8 x D25.2cm
Web Cam Integrated
Speakers Included Altec Lansing speakers

Original Poster

BHOY56;6958281

ASDA are currently offering a COMPAQ laptop for £327 online and … ASDA are currently offering a COMPAQ laptop for £327 online and instore.Seems to have a good spec:Processor AMD Sempron Processor (2GHz) Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Storage Capacity 160GB RAM (MB) 2GB DDR2 Screen Size (inch) 15.6" Disc Drive Super-Multi DVD Drive with Double Layer support and Lightscribe Screen Type High Definition HP Brightview LCD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G Wireless Enabled 802.11 b/g Wireless enabled USB Port 3 Weight 2.68Kg Software Included Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 60-day trial Dimensions (WxDxH in cm) H4.1 x W37.8 x D25.2cm Web Cam Integrated Speakers Included Altec Lansing speakers

Is that quite a good price for what you're getting then? The bit highlighted in bold, how much is it to purchase at the end of the trial? Thanks

Had a look at the links in the first post and found some helpful so thank you :thumbsup:

I've had Vista on my pc for sometime now and find it easy to use, is Windows 7 similar?
Thank to you all, rep on way

BHOY56;6958281

ASDA are currently offering a COMPAQ laptop for £327 online and … ASDA are currently offering a COMPAQ laptop for £327 online and instore.Seems to have a good spec:Processor AMD Sempron Processor (2GHz) Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Storage Capacity 160GB RAM (MB) 2GB DDR2 Screen Size (inch) 15.6" Disc Drive Super-Multi DVD Drive with Double Layer support and Lightscribe Screen Type High Definition HP Brightview LCD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G Wireless Enabled 802.11 b/g Wireless enabled USB Port 3 Weight 2.68Kg Software Included Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 60-day trial Dimensions (WxDxH in cm) H4.1 x W37.8 x D25.2cm Web Cam Integrated Speakers Included Altec Lansing speakers

This is out of stock on the Asda website now and according to the HP website, is a discontinued model

]http//h1…ev/

Shame, as it looks decent

Yeh I did notice that it was out of stock online but they were selling this one in my local ASDA yesterday. Do you have a store in your area that might be able to put one aside for you?
Check TESCO online as well as I know they also stock Compaq.

BHOY56;6965018

Yeh I did notice that it was out of stock online but they were selling … Yeh I did notice that it was out of stock online but they were selling this one in my local ASDA yesterday. Do you have a store in your area that might be able to put one aside for you?Check TESCO online as well as I know they also stock Compaq.

Yeah i have quite a large store nearby but it's a question of whether they have stock. Tesco Direct has it for £339 which is decent... May try and find a voucher code of some description :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)713
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1923
    3. Problem with new double glazed installation99
    4. Electric Bike 1 year later? any one with one915

See more discussions