Can anyone advise on this laptop?

Posted 8th Nov
Been looking for a laptop for around £200 for my sons bday next week and its mainly to do homework abit of browsing and typing docs up etc, now I’ve seen barely anything new decent for that sort of money but seen a used buy almost new hp laptop model hp 14-cm0029sa for £130 locally, at that price I thought surely it must be a cheap banana but seems to be better specced than anything new and way cheaper too!
Can anyone who knows much about these laptops advise, I know its not going to be supersonic but like I said its just for doing the basic things
Any advise would be great thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
There are so many people asking this question. I always say the same thing: ANY laptop will do the basics. This particular laptop you mention has some good reviews - was even featured as a 'hot' deal on this very website:

hotukdeals.com/dea…592

and sounds a reasonable price for the spec. However, when you say "local" what do you mean? Local as in a shop or some advert you've seen on Gumtree?

If it's the latter, then you need to make sure everything is tickety-boo. They seem to come with an SSD but they could have swapped it out for a bigger (but older) mechanical HDD. Just make sure the spec matches (or is better) than the original setup from HP.

Just out of interest, if you're not against secondhand/refurbished, have you checked out Morgan Computers? You can get some nice little lappy's with good spec (i3/i5/i7) at some reasonable prices.

morgancomputers.co.uk/c/4…ks/

Stock can be a bit 'hit and miss' but you can get quite a bit of bang for your buck, as they say!

Kind regards, Phsy.
for £200 you will have to look at refurbished laptop for a decent one. have a look at dell outlet. the better spec brand new are around £360 when they are flagged up for sale on hukd with 15.6 screen size as the smaller 14 screen size are more expensive.
to do homework abit of browsing and typing docs a second laptop or Brand new chromebook would be fine.if you want gaming youl have to increase your budget.
Phsycronix08/11/2019 18:17

There are so many people asking this question. I always say the same …There are so many people asking this question. I always say the same thing: ANY laptop will do the basics. This particular laptop you mention has some good reviews - was even featured as a 'hot' deal on this very website:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-14-cm0029sa-14-amd-a6-laptop-128-gb-ssd-grey-3224592and sounds a reasonable price for the spec. However, when you say "local" what do you mean? Local as in a shop or some advert you've seen on Gumtree?If it's the latter, then you need to make sure everything is tickety-boo. They seem to come with an SSD but they could have swapped it out for a bigger (but older) mechanical HDD. Just make sure the spec matches (or is better) than the original setup from HP.Just out of interest, if you're not against secondhand/refurbished, have you checked out Morgan Computers? You can get some nice little lappy's with good spec (i3/i5/i7) at some reasonable prices.https://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/c/404/Laptops-Netbooks/Stock can be a bit 'hit and miss' but you can get quite a bit of bang for your buck, as they say!Kind regards, Phsy.

I second Morgan Computers - can't go wrong.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants