Can anyone build a 12hr work rota or point me in the right direction

Found 12th Feb
14 staff
12hr shifts
24hr cover
so 7am-7pm (dayshift) minimum 2 on shift no max
and 7pm-7am (nightshift) only 2 on shift
maximum of 52 night shifts per year per worker
(that’s because all staff are paid for 52 night shifts)

can alternate weeks weeks between days and nights

I see several websites that charge every month for a rota. I don’t mind paying however I’d rather just a one off as we will just number the staff 1 to 14. All I’m looking for is a repeating rolling 52 week rota which is fair for everyone and that they all do the same shift.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
How many hours a week does everybody do? And is it the full 7 days?
Original Poster
Each worker does 36 hrs. So 3 12hr shifts per week
There should be nobody more equiped than you to do this if these are your staff. Use excel or something using a calentemplate.
How much are you paying for somebody to make this for you?
Dannyrobbo26 m ago

There should be nobody more equiped than you to do this if these are your …There should be nobody more equiped than you to do this if these are your staff. Use excel or something using a calentemplate.

Totally agree with Dannyrobbo, why not do it yourself it ain’t difficult
Have a look at This
I don't think it's possible.

365 days per year / 7 = 52.14 days night shift per member of staff. Which means two staff having to work 53 night shifts
Assuming staff get there legally entitled holidays which depending on the staffing hours can be upto 28 days a year you'll again have issues with night cover.

On top of this staff will have preferred days

EDIT So excluding holidays the easiest way to do this is.
Each person has a work pattern of 1 night shifts, free day then 2 day shifts.
1 and 2 take the first night shifts the 1st day of the year, 3 and 4 take the night shifts on the 2nd day of the year, 5 and 6 take the night shift on the 3rd day, etc.
1st day 9, 10, 11 and 12 work days.
2nd day 11,12,13, and 14 work days.
3rd day 1, 2, 13 and 14 work days.
4th day 1, 2, 3 and 4 work days.
Following the pattern that whoever comes off nights has 1 day rest then 2 shifts of days.

This means there are always 2 people on nights and 4 on days, each person has a 3 shifts a week.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 12th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants