Can anyone confirm...

...if you have BT broadband and you want to terminate the service early, what penalties you have to pay?

I have a feeling you are still liable for the all of the monthly rental due to the end of the contract but am hoping this is not the case!

Is it possible to pay a fee to break the agreement?

11 Comments

I phoned them and they said you need to pay the equivalent of the monthly payments upto the contract ending (usually 12 months)

^^^^

What he said.

exactly what he said

how many months you got left and what option are you on??

i was a she the last time i checked! lol

I've had terrible problems with BT line rental & despite numerous complaints, I got nowhere... Until a friend of mine gave me the CEO's email address!! HA! So if you're leaving due to poor service, over charging etc, I can give you the email address of the CEO if you like... They've waivered all charges on my cancellation of the landline so assume they'd do the same for broadband :thumbsup:

lil_tiger;4989324

lol sorry, was being a sheep blame the guy above... or maybe lady who knows anymore :oops:

lol maybe there should be a s/he option with the usernames :P have mr/mrs/miss[username]

lil_tiger;4989324

proof!!!

:thumbsup:

grex9101;4989519

proof!!!:thumbsup:

i have all the proof i need!!!!

Original Poster

Many thanks for all of your comments. I might ask you for the CEOs email address, leave out the monkey and go straight to the organ grinder!

Nearly half way through an 18 month contract, but moving house and was looking at options of other providers. To be fair, the service has been ok with BT but just looking at getting a sky package with their broadband.

Trickyjabs;4992205

Many thanks for all of your comments. I might ask you for the CEOs email … Many thanks for all of your comments. I might ask you for the CEOs email address, leave out the monkey and go straight to the organ grinder!Nearly half way through an 18 month contract, but moving house and was looking at options of other providers. To be fair, the service has been ok with BT but just looking at getting a sky package with their broadband.

sounds like your best chance you know full well what the first line of customer service will say!

Mr Tricky, bend over! lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763884
    2. What an absolute disgrace2148
    3. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2030
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2447

See more discussions