Groups

Can anyone donate already printed business cards to make a young mentally challenged mans day? Please help

This is an odd request. A friend who is staying with me from Canada is leaving in a few days. Her mother works with mentally challenged adults ( some severe) . One chap is apparently very proud of his business card collection and shows them off all the time. Apparently ha has asked if my forend can bring back any cards from the UK. This is a very late request as I am only going to be able to get a few. Does anyone have some they might send here to forward on - perhaps from your own business or where a company has shut down and they are clearing out old business card folders? Any other suggestions where I could get a load quick - already tried my local high street and only managed to get 1! In case you are worried this is not a scam it truly is so this chap gets a bit of excitement having UK cards. If you can help that woudl be great - I can pm you the address to send. Thank very much.

28 Comments

Il have a few lying round somewhere - il look

they need to be in mint condition?

Original Poster

she never said - not really tatty I suspect anything else would be appreciated I am sure.

PM me the addy please.

Have you tried going in to bank branches? Usually you can get at least three from each - mortgage advisers, financial advisers etc? also try supermarkets - they normally have a section full of business cards - right beside the place you can fill in a card selling stuff, near the tills

my local tesco/sainsburys used to have a large stand in store with local business cards, like plumbers etc, worth a look maybe as you could pick up several at once?

Original Poster

loupomm;3306503

my local tesco/sainsburys used to have a large stand in store with local … my local tesco/sainsburys used to have a large stand in store with local business cards, like plumbers etc, worth a look maybe as you could pick up several at once?

top idea - will try that

Will he make lots of phone calls to the number and be generally annoying? If so he can have one of my boss's cards!

Homebase have a card section near the door in my local store

Am popping into town later - will try a couple of the banks for you. Will pm you if I have any success

Banned

we get issued ones for our job would the chap like one of my police buisness cards? if so pm your address asap and I am sure I can send you one

DC:-D

Co-op usually have local ones as.

Also telephone boxes in Soho, London.

Original Poster

[email protected];3306588

Will he make lots of phone calls to the number and be generally annoying? … Will he make lots of phone calls to the number and be generally annoying? If so he can have one of my boss's cards!

I did consider that but I really doubt it. He has 1000s of them. Go on send one of them to me - you never know your luck! I have pmed you the address!

Original Poster

Aquatic;3306591

Homebase have a card section near the door in my local store

I am going to try our local homebase too with all the kids in tow! In case you go can I pm you the address - it wouldl only be a 1st class stamp - season of goodwill and all that??!!

Original Poster

Aquatic;3306596

Am popping into town later - will try a couple of the banks for you. Will … Am popping into town later - will try a couple of the banks for you. Will pm you if I have any success

thanks for this too - pm on way

Original Poster

thesaint;3306619

Co-op usually have local ones as.Also telephone boxes in Soho, London.

don't think we should be encouraging the telephone boxes!!!

I have some I can send you

Best wishes Richard

PM your address fairy, I have some of my old ones lying around

Original Poster

richbecs;3306717

I have some I can send youBest wishes Richard

Thanks very much Richard. PM sent

Original Poster

fireheaven;3306739

PM your address fairy, I have some of my old ones lying around

Thanks very much for this. PM sent

Big stand at the doorways of Tesco's full of them!

PapaSmurf;3306492

also try supermarkets - they normally have a section full of business … also try supermarkets - they normally have a section full of business cards - right beside the place you can fill in a card selling stuff, near the tills

loupomm;3306503

my local tesco/sainsburys used to have a large stand in store with local … my local tesco/sainsburys used to have a large stand in store with local business cards, like plumbers etc, worth a look maybe as you could pick up several at once?

how come i come up with an idea, and loupomm gets all the credit???? is it cos i is blue?

it's just not fair, sniff sniff!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Original Poster

PapaSmurf;3306801

how come i come up with an idea, and loupomm gets all the credit???? is … how come i come up with an idea, and loupomm gets all the credit???? is it cos i is blue?it's just not fair, sniff sniff!!!:cry::cry::cry:

We love you too! Hats off to all of you - I go to the supermarket about 4 time a week and did n't even think of this!

If anyone is not in London and fancies collecting at their local and posting them please get in touch too!

fairy;3306902

We love you too! Hats off to all of you - I go to the supermarket about 4 … We love you too! Hats off to all of you - I go to the supermarket about 4 time a week and did n't even think of this!If anyone is not in London and fancies collecting at their local and posting them please get in touch too!

thanks!!!:thumbsup:

what's your address? I've to go to tesco's tonight and i'll get some for you. pop them in the port tomorrow morning, if that's ok?

Had a rake around - cant find any sorry

Have plenty of menus tho :thumbsup:

Original Poster

vengod;3307020

Had a rake around - cant find any sorry Have plenty of menus tho … Had a rake around - cant find any sorry Have plenty of menus tho :thumbsup:

Never mind not to worry checked with my friend and nothing but business cards! Thanks for looking.

Pm me to fairy I'll get some from vaious people at work and check the local town for ya (I'm in central scotland so they will all be different lol)

Original Poster

jennybubbles;3311701

Pm me to fairy I'll get some from vaious people at work and check the … Pm me to fairy I'll get some from vaious people at work and check the local town for ya (I'm in central scotland so they will all be different lol)

Brilliant stuff - just pming you now

Original Poster

anyone else interested in helping? Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2493
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767392
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1624

See more discussions