Can anyone explain to me how the fifa 09 ranking system works please on xbox 360

7 replies
Found 2nd Jan 2009
I am feed up of playing people and getting around 9 ranked points for a win and around -45 for a loss!!!!

From what I can understand the worst your team is the more points you should get yet i just lost as la galaxy (2star) on pens to a cf inios (3 star) and got -50 points!
Yet the next game i play as valerenga (2 1/2*) V leeds (2 1/2*) and the guy quits out at 5-0 in first half and i get 14 point for it!!!

I meen, what is the point in playing ranked matches if you have to win 4 or 5 to ever game you lose?

7 Comments

Original Poster

Also, I have 86% wins, my friend has 80% and has lost more, won less and is above me in the rankings!!!! doesnt make sence.

I think you get points for playing single player because I have over 4000 points yet only played about 6 Live matches but have played a full season on manager mode

Original Poster

bailey2k4;3921840

I think you get points for playing single player because I have over 4000 … I think you get points for playing single player because I have over 4000 points yet only played about 6 Live matches but have played a full season on manager mode

Think you might be looking at different points maybe...do you no what rank you are on the leaderboard?

jojothefirst;3927859

Think you might be looking at different points maybe...do you no what … Think you might be looking at different points maybe...do you no what rank you are on the leaderboard?

is there a place on the Leaderboard for the worst player ever! As much as I enjoy Fifa, Win (which is VERY rarely) - or lose, i will never make the top 1000. not sure how the rankings work but nice to know!

JoJo, if your around later, about 10, might give you a game...

Original Poster

Disco;3927919

is there a place on the Leaderboard for the worst player ever! As much … is there a place on the Leaderboard for the worst player ever! As much as I enjoy Fifa, Win (which is VERY rarely) - or lose, i will never make the top 1000. not sure how the rankings work but nice to know! JoJo, if your around later, about 10, might give you a game...

prop be on around 10 yea, played u before and beat you 3 times tho if you remember :-D

Its quite simple, the points are decided on how many SKILL points your opponent has. The maximum you can win/lose is 50 depending on their skill points, and the minimum is 9.

It wouldn't make sense to get +50 for every win and -50 for every loss because you could just pick rubbish players everytime in the lobbies and keep winning.

Your friend has clearly played opponents with a higher skill level than your opponents, and is just better than you.

Banned

I lost 4-0 to someone the other day and I went from level 0 to level 1

Bizarre!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769487
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3386
    4. Wow apple you really are bad1521

See more discussions