Expired

Can anyone find me the manual for this ADT Alarm?

Found 11th Nov 2014
Hi, Can anyone find me the manual for this ADT Alarm?

The bell symbol & circle has started to appear from yesterday & I have no idea why.

No Longer have a contract with ADT so they won't help me but want to charge me for a engineer call out...

The telephone symbol has always been there as the telephone connection is disconnected otherwise my broadband doesn't work. This was done by the BT open reach engineer.

Thank You in Advance...
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Original Poster
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah204/jamilayz/35a366f3-47e4-41af-acc3-f19c7bed0d5e_zpse73fa169.jpg
Original Poster
boohai

Try looking at this … Try looking at this manual:http://www.protex-security.co.uk/10228/info.php%3Fp%3D9%26pno%3D0&ved=0CCAQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNHMdaNZN9YDwiwLBJtKhlMd9QXPAg&sig2=x7nwsfByIBb_hNoMuN1npw

Thanks but the link doesn't work?
Original Poster
Thanks I will have a look....
It means that the alarm has been tampered with.

There's a switch inside the panel that detects when the unit has been opened. If you haven't opened it then the switch has broken which is very common on these alarms due to the poor quality.
Original Poster
Hi, how can I reset that so that the bell symbol goes away?
Check the switch on the bell unit Tape it down so not an open contact as a bodge job
but is the siren not sounding ?

Original Poster
The siren is not sounding but the bell symbol is there...

my uncles does the same had to open it up because the battery had crashed
it was one of the subscription jobs where u get the alarm for free and your tied in to a contract of x amount of pounds for 3-5years
your better of with the accenta pannel or the visonic powermax if it goes of u can get a phonecall reset and see the status of the system only thing is says pet tolerant up to 80kgs my kitten is no where neer that and keeps going off
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your help but I can't get the bell icon to go away...
Did you try resetting the system as it looks like the alarm has gone off at some point and you have merely silenced it?
Original Poster
I have tried but it's not disappearing...
dannyboydw

my uncles does the same had to open it up because the battery had crashed … my uncles does the same had to open it up because the battery had crashed it was one of the subscription jobs where u get the alarm for free and your tied in to a contract of x amount of pounds for 3-5years your better of with the accenta pannel or the visonic powermax if it goes of u can get a phonecall reset and see the status of the system only thing is says pet tolerant up to 80kgs my kitten is no where neer that and keeps going off

Marketing con

Sensors cant detect the weight of something...
Depends what its referring to a i.e. door placed pressure mat or an infra red wall mounted detector.The infra red sensor can be modified to ignore small sensory anomalies or say the sun light moving across the room a mat can be set to only trigger the alarm on heavier weights.So I guess in marketing speak its easier to refer to say small animals by weight rather than size.
Edited by: "arachnoid" 13th Nov 2014
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your help.
I can't find the manual for mine and mine has got like a battery in the corner flashing and bleeping it started today can anyone tell me how to get rid off this please
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions