Groups

Can anyone find where they sell long 6 gang (or more) extension leads.

Banned
    Hey guys,

I'm not sure if these exist but can you help me find:

1 x 12 gang extension lead (7+ metres)

or

1 x 6 gang extension lead at 7+ metres.

I found the following:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Perfect BUT not the price i wanna pay. If this was maybe £10, i'd buy it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

11 Comments

woolworth used to do them on a reel

You could always buy a 6 gang 1m extension lead and then buy a 7m length of wire from B&Q and fit it yourself, they're very easy to do

]6 Gang 1m - £3.99

]http//di…spx

]http//di…spx

Also available from most tesco stores. They are only 4 gang, but you can then use a shorter extension...

RedIron;3115234

You could always buy a 6 gang 1m extension lead and then buy a 7m length … You could always buy a 6 gang 1m extension lead and then buy a 7m length of wire from B&Q and fit it yourself, they're very easy to do]6 Gang 1m - £3.99

Word of warning some are easy some arent to extend as some of them (easy ones) the main wire is connected by screw terminals, the harder ones are actually soldered to the board (this is the case with a lot of the surgeprotected type though, standard multi-gang extensions are normally screw connectors).

Banned

I'd always be really wary of expanding and using plug bang sockets to do so. They can only run 13 amp for the whole thing (or am I mistaken?) Loading loads of items is bound to be a fire risk.

guv;3115880

I'd always be really wary of expanding and using plug bang sockets to do … I'd always be really wary of expanding and using plug bang sockets to do so. They can only run 13 amp for the whole thing (or am I mistaken?) Loading loads of items is bound to be a fire risk.

No Guv it's OK

I'll make you one, 12 plug sockets and i'll fit a 10 meter 2 core cable to it for you and i'll put in a nice high rated fuse

It will be perfectly safe don't you worry i'll even pay for it to be sent to you :-D

Just make sure you plug everything into it first and then hold the cable when switching the mains on (preferably in your mouth so you have both hands free)

I'll even give you a certificate RedIrons certificate of electrical safety

[COLOR=Silver]Note this is not safe please do not try it at home[/COLOR]

Original Poster Banned

So is it easy to buy a 6 way 1M, then buy 8M of cable separate? Do i need a special fuse in the plug or will a standard 13A work fine?

I have 6 PCs on a table. The power outlet is pretty far from 3 of them (8 metres away i'd say). So ideally I need a 6 way at 8M long.

Don't really want a reel or making 4/6-way lead chains.

Another thing im looking for is some decent trunking to go over the top of some trailing wires. I need something that i can easily slip over the exposed wires as opposed to unplugging each wire and feeding them through the trunk. Maybe something that can be purchased in a long strip and cut down to size myself?

Banned

RedIron;3115929

I'll make you one, 12 plug sockets and i'll fit a 10 meter 2 core cable … I'll make you one, 12 plug sockets and i'll fit a 10 meter 2 core cable to it for you and i'll put in a nice high rated fuseIt will be perfectly safe don't you worry i'll even pay for it to be sent to you :-DI'll even give you a certificate RedIrons certificate of electrical safetyNote this is not safe please do not try it at home

You is nasty!!!! :thinking:

jay_zizzle;3118182

So is it easy to buy a 6 way 1M, then buy 8M of cable separate? Do i … So is it easy to buy a 6 way 1M, then buy 8M of cable separate? Do i need a special fuse in the plug or will a standard 13A work fine?I have 6 PCs on a table. The power outlet is pretty far from 3 of them (8 metres away i'd say). So ideally I need a 6 way at 8M long.Don't really want a reel or making 4/6-way lead chains.Another thing im looking for is some decent trunking to go over the top of some trailing wires. I need something that i can easily slip over the exposed wires as opposed to unplugging each wire and feeding them through the trunk. Maybe something that can be purchased in a long strip and cut down to size myself?

I wouldn't connect 6 PC's to the same socket at all

Original Poster Banned

RedIron;3118310

I wouldn't connect 6 PC's to the same socket at all

Not doing that mate.

3 of the PCs are already connected to a 6 way 5M cable connected 1 of the wall outlets.

The remaining 3 PC's are 8M away from the second wall outlet.

So need a 6 way 8M for the other 3.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?69
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1927
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767277
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1526

See more discussions