Groups

Can anyone get business broadband or is it only for businesses and can it get installed at your home?

Seen this and business broadband seems well cheaper than normal broadband and dont need line rental.

forms.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/con…bre

11 Comments

Don't forget you would have vat on top. There will also be restrictions (bt, for example, don't allow TV packages on business).

Original Poster

Yes seen that. So can it get installed in my home for home use or it specifically for businesses?. I have a business but dont need it for that.

I'm with Virgin Business Media but it's done through a small local ISP.

I spoke with BT a few months back about converting my personal BT account to a business account (to get a static IP) and was told that's perfectly acceptable.

Just bear in mind that business account T&C's aren't like consumers T&C's. Make sure to read them before signing up.

up to 350mb from £30 , prob talking 100 a month plus vat for that speed, and upload is still rubbish.

residential deals always better.

Original Poster

parsimony

I'm with Virgin Business Media but it's done through a small local ISP.

How much do you pay and what speeds are you getting

I too am with virgin business, I pay £48 pcm for 350mb with a fixed up and an increased upload, the slab is 12hours and have had no probs, I run this out of a residential property and the WiFi has been shared by 37 devices running an Amazon video simultaneously all worked flawlessly!

scms49 s ago

I too am with virgin business, I pay £48 pcm for 350mb with a fixed up and …I too am with virgin business, I pay £48 pcm for 350mb with a fixed up and an increased upload, the slab is 12hours and have had no probs, I run this out of a residential property and the WiFi has been shared by 37 devices running an Amazon video simultaneously all worked flawlessly!

​fixed ip

bullet_khan6 h, 57 m ago

How much do you pay and what speeds are you getting

£25 per month at the moment, but this is an introductory deal. It rises to £42 per month after 6 months.
    Speed is 100mbps down and up (symmetric service) with no caps, no shaping and no contract!
    Contention is 10:1 BTW.

VIrgin are calling it fibre but surely it's just bog standard coax into the premises? If VIrgin van call that fibre then what are we going to call real fibre when it arrives?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      4. Back to European satellite tv32

See more discussions