Expired

can anyone HELP!

Found 13th Sep 2017
hi guys,

what to do in a emergency?

so woke up this morning to my bank account being in minus because of an unexpected bill.

i get paid on friday but it has left me in a mess (no gas/electric/food) and a nice £35 charge to come.

is there somewhere that will loan a small amount of money (£15) for emergancy essentials till friday?

a payday is out of the question as my credit is only just starting to get better from when i was younger.

ive just moved to my current area so i don't really know anyone so borrowing it isnt really that easy either.

ive never had this happen to me before so i am now lost for what to do? ive been very good with living within my means the last few years.

any advice or help would be a great.

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Have you spoken to the bank and explained that you wasn't aware the bill coming out? They might scrap the charge for you being in the minus?

How bad do you need the £15? Do you honestly think you could make it until you get paid?

Maybe look for something you don't use an question is it worth selling to cex? Or I hate to say it consider doing a buy back at cash converters?

Hope you get yourself squared away an sort out
Can't you arrange an overdraft with your bank ?
kester767 m ago

Can't you arrange an overdraft with your bank ?

Not if they've a basic bank account with no overdraft facility.

The only way really is to ask a friend or family member to bank transfer money into your account. If no one is there to help then you have to go without until Friday.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 13th Sep 2017
Pawn something.
I could only suggest selling possessions on Gumtree or in Cash Converters for some instant cash
i have spoken to the company and they can refund the payment if i cancel my subscription but it can take up to 3-5 to show back in your account and by that point i will have been paid.

Luckily after looking about online i have found that my bank will refund a single charge as a good will gesture so i shouldn't have a problem there hopefully.

Ive asked around friends and had no luck its just come at a super inconvenient time as i moved about 5 weeks ago for my new job.

im still waiting on things being moved over from my mums in doncaster to i still dont have all my stuff her and the only thing i have of real value is my mobile which i need.

i only have a basic account so dont think i can get an overdraft, plus my credit is shocking due to being a complete idiot when i was in my late teen years.

im not asking for money from anyone, ive just tried every root i could think of and thought someone may be able to offer some useful advice on what to do or if anyone knows of a place that i cn borrow a small amount of money from.
4Real201613th Sep 2017

Pawn something.

ive just moved to my current area the last month so im still waiting for things to be moved over, the only thing i have of real value is my mobile and i need it!

CelestialLegend13th Sep 2017

I could only suggest selling possessions on Gumtree or in Cash Converters …I could only suggest selling possessions on Gumtree or in Cash Converters for some instant cash

Do an indemnity claim on the direct debit, that will recall the money that left the account, putting you back in credit.
Who ever the direct debit went to will take a few days to get the update, by then you can ring a make a card payment, just blame the bank for the mistake.

Problem solved, if done today the bank shouldn't charge you
Can't you get an advance on your wages
PKRichie7 m ago

Do an indemnity claim on the direct debit, that will recall the money that …Do an indemnity claim on the direct debit, that will recall the money that left the account, putting you back in credit.Who ever the direct debit went to will take a few days to get the update, by then you can ring a make a card payment, just blame the bank for the mistake.Problem solved, if done today the bank shouldn't charge you

So... Your solution is to commit fraud then.

RossD893 m ago

So... Your solution is to commit fraud then.:/

Hardly fraud is it ?
The Direct Debit Guarantee protects customers from payments taken in error... the OP made an error with his payment timings.
PKRichie1 m ago

Hardly fraud is it ?The Direct Debit Guarantee protects customers from …Hardly fraud is it ?The Direct Debit Guarantee protects customers from payments taken in error... the OP made an error with his payment timings.

Yea, okay then...
4Real201646 m ago

Can't you get an advance on your wages

i have asked my boss too see if he can sub me, but haven't heard anything yet!
RossD8936 m ago

Yea, okay then...

ive already contacted the bank, after finding out i could get a charge refunded, so im guessing i couldnt call back up now and say it was fraud haha
Ask any local businesses (mainly pubs/bars) if they have an few hours work going.
£15 will be a few hours shift and with all the young people going back to school/college/uni there should be a good number of shifts which need covering tempariary.

You really need to start setting up a savings account purely for emergencies like this.
joedastudd6 m ago

Ask any local businesses (mainly pubs/bars) if they have an few hours work …Ask any local businesses (mainly pubs/bars) if they have an few hours work going.£15 will be a few hours shift and with all the young people going back to school/college/uni there should be a good number of shifts which need covering tempariary.You really need to start setting up a savings account purely for emergencies like this.

think that may be my best plan of action, ive never encountered something like this, im normally very good with making sure there is money for everything but this friday will be a first wage from a new place of work, so ive had to use what i have had to survive inbetween moving job.

thank you!
There's a deal on here for free food in Greggs if you have a smart phone, it'll put a small amount of food on the table at the very least
If your mum has your belongings that you would be willing to pawn to get cash you could ask your mum to take it to a store near her to pawn it and she can send you the money through online banking hope you get sorted soon, take care
maybe cancel the subscription anyway..
Beth.Calvesbert3 h, 47 m ago

i have spoken to the company and they can refund the payment if i cancel …i have spoken to the company and they can refund the payment if i cancel my subscription but it can take up to 3-5 to show back in your account and by that point i will have been paid.Luckily after looking about online i have found that my bank will refund a single charge as a good will gesture so i shouldn't have a problem there hopefully.Ive asked around friends and had no luck its just come at a super inconvenient time as i moved about 5 weeks ago for my new job.im still waiting on things being moved over from my mums in doncaster to i still dont have all my stuff her and the only thing i have of real value is my mobile which i need.i only have a basic account so dont think i can get an overdraft, plus my credit is shocking due to being a complete idiot when i was in my late teen years.im not asking for money from anyone, ive just tried every root i could think of and thought someone may be able to offer some useful advice on what to do or if anyone knows of a place that i cn borrow a small amount of money from.

I have 2 bank accounts with Halifax, 1 of which is a basic and I have all my DD go through that one. If I miss a payment for any reason they don't charge my account and try taking it again next week.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants