Groups

can anyone help?

Moved into a new house last month, had virgin installed (phone etc). Phoneline works fine with only one phone I have (a BT digital cordless one that is years old!) However I got a new phone and that has no dial tone. Have tried other phones, same thing. No dial tone. Any idea what this could be? The man from Virgin just came over and said he has no idea and left! Wondered if any of you have encountered anything like that? Thanks!

3 Comments

Interesting problem.

Instead of connecting the non working phones via their own line cables, use the one from the phone that works.

Is it only the main socket that works? or is it all sockets, but only one phone that works?

Original Poster

SUMMONER;6049497

Interesting problem.Instead of connecting the non working phones via … Interesting problem.Instead of connecting the non working phones via their own line cables, use the one from the phone that works.

I know how odd! I have tried that - still doesnt work. I know the new phones work but dont know why they wont work here and Virgin dont care! I have only one socket
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…912
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions