Groups

can anyone help me :)

hi all I think I have something called spyware on my laptop, I get alsorts of pop ups on my internet explorer and I have a pop up blocker!. I just get loads of pages coming over with nonsense and sometimes the page I was viewing turns into a pop up! Is this spyware if so how can I get rid of it.

hope I have put this post in the right section
    many thanks

10 Comments

Try downloading AVG Anti Virus and Spyware:

free.grisoft.com/

Download the applications install and then run a scan should help delete any horrible programs.

Merry Xmas

Try lavasoft ad_aware se personal or/and spybot s&d.,

Also it might be worth installing ccleaner (a quick Google will point you in the right direction).

Edit - And if you can, switch over to Firefox or Opera.

Original Poster

thanks to all rep left and merry christmas to all:thumbsup: :gift:

Banned

Try the pro trial version of this:
    superantispyware.com/

You may need to reboot and run another scan, but it is a good scanner (IMO)

Then run your anti virus scanner to cleanup the rest of the stuff left behind

nowI'mgettinglazyandneedmyxmasgaming

Personally I'd reinstall the operating system and replace the old version. You can patch, update, delete and fight all you want but the cold harsh truth is that if youve been compromised even a repair may not bring your health back up to 100%.

Im going by the rules I use in windows xp.

Reinstall and then install avast anti virus. Then update. Then update again. Then update as much as it takes.

I say reinstall because it sometimes works like this:

Your exploit is discovered and, well, exploited. You kill exploit. Exploit dies. Exploit dies leaving backdoor open. Sometimes all that guards an exploit is an exploiter. New person comes along. New person exploits.

REINSTALL AND SHORE UP!

Win XP + Avast AV + WIN FW + ALL UPDATES = AS SECURE AS YOUR GONNA GET!

As nobodys mentioned it : prevx.com/

Download and install the free scanner. It DOESN'T remove the problem but it does show you where the files are so you can delete them manually. Works quite well in conjunction with AVG :thumbsup:

Cackles;1380565

REINSTALL AND SHORE UP!Win XP + Avast AV + WIN FW + ALL UPDATES = AS … REINSTALL AND SHORE UP!Win XP + Avast AV + WIN FW + ALL UPDATES = AS SECURE AS YOUR GONNA GET!

I keep a trueimage backup, I know its clean, but within days of putting it back, the *******s are showing again. Seriously considering a multiboot system on my laptop with Linux :-(

"Personally I'd reinstall the operating system and replace the old version."
    I think that's a bit harse when only dealing with spyware .A nasty virus maybe ,but there are good programs out there that will rid PC's of most common forms of spy/malware. If your a newby with Pc's ,what you dont realise is , that a re-install involves a format which wipes all of your present hard drive data .So, all your pictures , data ,documents ,mp3's etc will be wiped from your drive , UNLESS you do aback up .
    First of all clear all traces of your internet browsing ,delete........ temp interent files, install 2 free anti-spyware programs .........Spybot & Ad-aware , update and run them one at a time and try the Pc again .

Banned

Cackles;1380565

Personally I'd reinstall the operating system and replace the old … Personally I'd reinstall the operating system and replace the old version.

LOL! What a drastic step for just some spyware. Spybot will do the job in 2 minutes!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card34
      2. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      3. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77

See more discussions