Groups

Can anyone help me get rid of this pc virus.

Hi this is my first post so hope its all correct.
    I currently have a virus in my computer, its going by the name of sillyDI DJM and ntl netguard pops up saying Anti-spyware failed to delete SillyDI DJM to learn more refer to our spyware centre, when I go into the spyware centre it says that the spyware is unknown.
    I am using microsoft xp operating system and have tried to remove it unsuccsesfully by using AGV, spybot and and superantispy by starting the pc in safemode.
    Just wondered if anybody had any idea how to get rid of this any help would be greatly appreciated
    thank you

9 Comments

Try going to here housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/ and see what that picks up firstly.
    I'll see if I can find out more for you.

OK, takes a bit of reading but the answer appears to lie in this thread:

forums.techguy.org/mal…tml

Forget all the spyware killers available, go straight to majorgeeks.com. You used to be able to email them with your problem and they would then tell you how to get rid, good luck

Banned

Boot into Safe Mode (restart PC and press F8 several times for the menu). Then run your spyware program. Try Spybot to start with.

download.com/Spy…tml

In normal mode, you can't delete it because it's probably in use.

And get a decent antivirus program such as AVG.

NTL netguard is poor as you have discovered.

Format your computer.....Easiest way

Dont have countless numbers of Virus programs otherwise they can conflict with eachother!!!

If you are having problems with a virus and getting rid of it.

I can help, but it would be better via PM or email to avoid conflicting information from multiple sources.

Or alternatively head over to one of the sites that are ASAP members and ask for help there.

ASAP Recommended Sites: asap.maddoktor2.com/ (see list on left).

dmccabe;1632976

If you are having problems with a virus and getting rid of it.I can help, … If you are having problems with a virus and getting rid of it.I can help, but it would be better via PM or email to avoid conflicting information from multiple sources.Or alternatively head over to one of the sites that are ASAP members and ask for help there.ASAP Recommended Sites: http://asap.maddoktor2.com/ (see list on left).

Best advice

Banned

hottoshop;1633133

Best advice

Agreed. Stick with Dmcabe's offer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846239
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764385
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33196

See more discussions